Halloween: Part 1

This chapter is going to be creepy but that's what Halloween is about and this will be a two-parter. *Warning contains bullying*

Amelia's POV

It's Friday afternoon a week before Halloween. Band practise is now at lunchtime since my dad and the other girls' parents weren't happy with them walking home late in the dark winter evenings.

Rosie is staying at my house for the entire October half term. Her parents suddenly had to go out of town, something to do with an old family member but couldn't take Rosie with them, so dad offered to let her stay here.

We get inside the gate and Rosie's reaction to Garden Lodge is the same as Jessica's, "Wow this place is huge. I love the garden, it's Japanese, right?"

"Yeah dad had it done when we moved in, he loves Japan." I take her over to the pond.

"Wow I'm surprised you have fish and cats, don't the cats eat them?" she asks admiring the colourful fish.

"No dad tells them off if they even try. Not that they listen," we both laugh picturing the scenario and head inside. We head to the living room I could hear my dad talking to someone I assumed it's one of my uncles, at least one of them always seems to be here.

"Hey, dad! Can I...?" I call walking into the room but my smile vanished, it's not my uncles, it's the fruit fly. "Oh, hello Paul."

"Amelia it's been a while, who's this?" He points behind me.

Not long enough, "This is my friend Rosie. Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude," I did, Paul was sat very close to my dad but jumped back when we entered.

Dad pulls my glare from the Irish man, "Was there something you want to ask darling?"

I shook my head, "I'll ask you later, Rosie and I will be upstairs." I don't wait for a reply, grabbing Rosie's hand and pull her away from the door towards the stairs.

Once we are out of their earshot I apologize to her, "Sorry about that, I just really hate that man."

"I can see that but why do you hate him?" She whispers.

"I'll tell you upstairs."

End of Amelia's POV

------

Freddie frowns as his daughter walks away, that coldness towards Paul is something he hasn't seen from her before, "Sorry about that Paul darling, I don't know what's gotten into her."

Paul scoffs, "She probably just gaining that teenage attitude."

"I guess we were all like that as a teenage," Freddie chuckles half-heartedly.

------

The girls collapse into Amelia's bed in their pyjamas, "So why do you hate him then?"

Amelia explains the incident at Rockfield Farm, she knows Rosie won't tell anyone, "That's the main reason, but since my dad broke up with Mary, that fruit fly has been all over my dad and it's happening more and more lately."

Rosie frowns fussing Jerry who's enjoying the extra attention, "Why do you call him a fruit fly?"

"Because sucks the goodness out of people turning them rotten." When Amelia hears the door open and close downstairs she gets up to look out the window. Her window overlooks the drive while Freddie's looks over the gate in the wall.

Out the window, Paul is heading to his car. Feeling Amelia watching him, he looks up at the window with a sinister smirk before continuing to his car. Amelia glares at him until he's out of the street.