High School

The high school is based on my old school but feel free to interpret it your way. It's also based a little on the school from BBC's Waterloo Road, although not as savage or rundown.

Amelia's POV

It's Monday the 1st of September and my first day at high school. I woke to the sound of my alarm beeping away, 6:45 am. School starts at 8:30 am and it takes me half an hour to get there by tube and walking.

It took some convincing but eventually, my dad agreed to let me walk to school by myself. After using the bathroom I got changed into my uniform, did my hair and packed my school bag.

At five past seven, I head downstairs, Jerry following behind me going straight to his food bowl

At five past seven, I head downstairs, Jerry following behind me going straight to his food bowl. Walking into the kitchen I sit at the breakfast bar, "Morning Joe."

Joe is the house chef and he started working here a few months ago, "Morning Milly. What would you like for breakfast?"

"Just cereal please, I'm too nervous to eat anything big." He smiles sympathetically passing me my bowl and the cheerios box so I can help myself.

As I was eating dad came down and sat next to me, "Morning sweetheart," he kissed my forehead, "You ready for your first day back?"

I look down at my bowl grimacing at the idea of eating anymore, "I feel sick."

"Nervous?" I nodded forcing myself to eat some more, I don't know what time my lunch is yet.

"You'll be fine once you get there. Once you find Jessy it will be like old times." His smile is comforting.

"I hope so." I head back upstairs to brush my teeth and put my shoes on. "Dad, I'm going I'll see you later!" I called head for the door.

"Wait!" Dad hurried to the door, I turn around as a flash blinded me. My dad was stood there holding a camera smirking.

"Did you just take a picture of me?"

"It's a big day my little girl is off to high school." I rolled my eyes as he pulls into a hug. "Now three things: one, don't forget your keys," He holds up a cat keyring with two keys on it.

"Two, please be careful while walking,"

"I made it all the way to Wales by myself. I'll be fine, dad."

He ignores the comment, "And three pull the skirt down, Mills."

I blushed so hard tugging the hem down, "Dad, it's at the right length." The hemline sits just above my knee, school policy. "Can I go now?"

He nods handing me my keys, "I love you."

"Love you too."

------

As I sat on the busy London tube, I notice a few other school kids but no Jessica. The school kids were all my age, some of them look as nervous as I feel and others just didn't look old enough to be in high school.