Headteacher

Amelia's POV

The headteacher's office is over the other side of the school but fairly easy to find. You have to go through the secretaries office to get to the heads office, kind of like the dog guarding the gates to hell.

I knock on the open door and the secretary looks up, "Can I help you, dear?"

"I was told by my tutor that the headteacher wanted to see me? I have the note," I hand it to her and she reads it.

"Just one moment," She stood up and opens the frosted glass window between the two offices and spoke to him, "Mr Richards... Amelia Mercury is here."

There a muffled reply and she turns back to me, "You can go in now," She held the door open and I walk into the office, she closed the door behind me.

The headteacher was an older gentleman but tall and broad-shouldered, he looks up, "Amelia Mercury?"

"Y-yes, sir."

"Pleasure to meet you please have a seat," hesitantly I sat in the chair opposite him, "Don't worry you're not in trouble."

"Then why am I here?"

"I'm aware of who your family is, I'd like to understand the situation in a bit more detail? It's for your safety more than anything, I know that you had to be homeschooled for several years due to the press pestering you at your primary school. I want to make sure that doesn't happen again. If I know the facts I can help and protect you in this school." He was flicking through my file as he went.

"Okay, what do you need to know?"

"I understand your father will be away on tour for some parts of the year, do you have somewhere to stay when he is away? Will it affect your education?"

"It won't affect it, I will be staying with my Aunt Veronica."

"Good. I apologise if this is a sensitive question, but am I correct in saying that your mother is out of the picture?"

"Yes that's right, she's in prison."

"Understood, do you want to be referred to in school as Amelia Mercury or would you prefer if we used a different last name? It could be arranged."

I thought about it, "No, I'm happy to be referred to as Mercury but only when necessary. I do not plan on telling the other students about who my family is unless they become good friends but it doesn't need to be kept secret either. I know they will find out one day."

He smiles, breaking the intimidating facade, "Good answer. Now I want you and your father to be reassured that if the press tries pestering you or any of the other students inside the school grounds, our security team will see that they are sent away. If they take any pictures or refuse to leave then we will call the police and fight them in court if we have to. Believe to or not you are not the first celebrities child we've had in the school so myself and the staff understand. If there are any problems please come to me or go to a teacher and it will be sorted." He went over to the secretary and came back with a piece of paper.

"This letter is for your father, it explains all that I have just told you. I also understand that there are other Queen children, I can't do anything for their primary education but if they decide in the future to come to this high school they would get the same protection." He hands the letter smile still present.

I'm quite shocked at his kindness but if also a relief and I know it will be for my dad too. I take the letter and put it in my bag. "Thank you, Mr Richards. I will tell my uncles, although none of the other Queen children are near high school age yet."