Baby

Amelia is five days away from her due date and feels no closer to giving birth than she was two months ago. She just sat on the sofa when there is a knock at the front door.

She groans staying where she is, getting up off the sofa has become a troubling task, "It's open!" she shouts. Can't be a burglar if they knocked right?

"Milly?" Brian calls back.

"Living room!" She didn't have to wait long before he appears at the door, Anita just behind him. Though she doesn't like that Brian cheated on Chrissie, she can see why he likes Anita and Amelia has to admit she likes her too.

"Sorry, I'd get up but I've literally just sat down."

"Not to worry love," Anita smiles sitting in the chair to the left.

"Are you here alone?" Brian asks concerned, Amelia replies with a nod making him frown, "Is that a good idea since you're so close to your due date?"

"It's not for long, Dad has a doctors appointment, Jim went with him and Ben is at a football match with guys. To be honest, it's nice to have some time to myself before all hell breaks loose."

"Well, I'm sorry we ruined it then," He chuckles sitting next to Amelia.

"Not to sound rude but why are you here?"

"We have something for you, for the nursery." He hands over the gift bag and Amelia pulls out a large box, "You said when we helped Ben build the crib that you wanted a hanging mobile to go over the top."

Amelia takes the lid off the box and lifts the mobile out of the box letting it dangle in front of her. The top is shaped like a five-point star and from each point hangs a music note then a different instrument underneath, each object is made of soft fabric. She eyes water, "It's beautiful Uncle Brian, did you make this?"

"With help from Anita and Deaky yeah, he did the music bit."

"It plays music?" He shows her the handle at the top to twist and a music box section of Bohemian Rhapsody fills the room.

"Oh, this is a piece of art. This must-have took you forever to make." She hugs him the best she can, "Thank you both so much, I'll have to thank Deaky when I next see him. I'm going to but it on the crib now."

Brian stops her, going himself leaving her with Anita, "I can't believe he made that but then again he did make his guitar so I shouldn't be too surprised."

Anita chuckles with her, "How are you feeling, love?"

"Ready to burst. I keep getting Brixton hicks contractions but not the real thing, I just want to meet him now."

"Him?" The older woman raises an eyebrow smiling.

Amelia shrugs, "It's just a feeling."

"Did you want us to stay until someone gets back?" Brian asks as he comes back into the room.

"No I'll be okay, Dad and Jim should be home soon and the phone is just there if I need anyone," She points to the phone on her right.

"Well, we'll live you to some peace and quiet, enjoy it while it lasts," they head out the door. Amelia had a good half an hour of peace until Freddie and Jim came home.

------

Sat in bed later that evening Amelia is getting ready for bed when Ben came back, "Hey love how was the game?"