Come Home

The Saturday afternoon after Amelia broke up for half term, Roger drops she off at the airport where Mary is waiting. Amelia gave her a massive hug she hasn't seen her for a long time, their relationship might not be what it used to be but they still care for each other.

Mary smiles returning the hug, "Oh I've missed you Milly and I'm sorry about your dad, we'll get it sorted. Hello Roger, good to see you again."

Roger smiles grabbing Amelia's case out of the car, "You too Mary, it's been a while. Congratulations on the baby, by the way, Dom told me the other day."

"Thank you, Roger."

Amelia frowns she's missing something here, "What baby? Dom never told me. Your pregnant?"

Mary chuckles, "Yes, I'm due in June."

"Oh, well congratulations, um... are you allowed to fly?"

The older woman rolls her eyes, "Yes perfectly alright, thank you. Shall we get going?" Amelia gives Roger a quick hug and follows Mary to there gate.

"I didn't mean to offend you back there."

"You didn't don't worry, it's just that David has been on my case about it too but I'm perfectly okay." After a ten minute wait, they board their flight, having a good catch up during the journey.

------

When they reach their hotel it's nearing half four and they are both starving so they decide to grab some food before going to find Freddie.

It was dark and pouring with rain when they finally found the house he's staying at, Amelia felt nervous, "What if Paul's here? We don't stand a chance at talking to dad if he is."

Mary grabs the young girls hand squeezing it, "I'll go first if Paul isn't here then I'll wave you over if he is... well we'll see what happens." Amelia felt glad she hadn't come alone now. Mary ran for the door praying that Paul is out.

Looking through the window Mary sees Freddie asleep on the sofa. She knocks to get his attention, he sits up surprised to see her but races to the door, "Hey."

Freddie pulls her into a hug, "Come in, come in." He turns to shut the door but Mary stops him.

"Oh wait, is Paul here?"

"No, he's out why?" Freddie frowns but he doesn't get a reply. Mary turns back to the door and waving to the taxi.

His heart jumps for joy when Amelia got out, "Milly?" When she reached his door, he wraps her in a tight hug and Amelia relaxes into it. God, she's missed his hugs.

He brings them both inside out the rain holding his daughter tight, "What are you two doing here?" Amelia doesn't let go, staying quiet wanting to keep this moment, Mary answers for her.

"We haven't heard from you in so long and we're worried about you," Mary observes the room.

"No, I've been working that's all," He presses soft kisses into Amelia's hair

Mary sighs noticing the white powder on the table and various alcohol bottles scattered around the surfaces, "Freddie you're burning the candle at both ends."

"But the glow is so divine," Freddie follows her gaze to the white powder on the table, "Being human is a condition that requires a little anaesthesia."

"We've missed you," Amelia mumbles into his chest.

Freddie pulls her away to look at her properly, "And I've missed you, I've missed you both so much. But look at you, you've grown so beautifully and you've got taller. I have to stay and finish this second album. I need you both, stay! Both of you stay here with me like it used to be."