School Show

*I do not own the videos*

The week leading up to Amelia's school show was very stressful. On top of practising for the show, she also has exams to revise and sit.

Monday morning five days before the show Amelia woke up with a sore throat. She rolls over in bed as her alarm went off and feels like rubbish. Coughing to clear her throat she felt that dreaded scratchy feeling.

After changing into her uniform she pads downstairs straight to the kitchen where Freddie is talking to Joe, "Morning little miss," Joe greets.

"Morning," Her voice comes out as a groggy croak.

Freddie frowns, "That doesn't sound good, you've been practising too hard haven't you?" Amelia nods picking at the breakfast Joe but in front of her. "Well, you're going to need your voice back by Friday so spend most of the next few days with no talking or singing. I'll write a note for your teachers to explain. You got any exams today?"

"Yeah, R.E. Thankfully I've already done my French-speaking exam. We agreed at practise yesterday that we wouldn't do any more until Friday to give their hands and my voice a rest."

"That's a good idea. Now stop talking. I had it once after a straight run of shows night after night, I had a show a few days later so I had do want you're doing now and it worked." He gestures her to follow him.

He leads her upstairs to the bathroom rummaging through the medicine cupboard and pulls out a pack of throat sweets, "take one of these every few hours and they should soothe your throat." He tilts her chin up looking at her tired eyes, "And maybe cut back on the late revision sessions and go to bed early. I know exams are important but if you don't get enough sleep you won't be awake enough to concentrate."

She just nods taking the sweets and popping one in her mouth before heading back downstairs for her shoes and school bag.

------

Throughout the week the teachers were understanding of Amelia situation and only asked her questions if absolutely necessary.

She had taken her dads advice about going to bed early and by Thursday, she is feeling much better. There is still that slight tickle in the back of her throat so she spends that entire day in silence not wanting to make it worst.

Friday morning she woke up and the tickle is gone, "Feeling better this morning?" Freddie asks when she sat down to breakfast.

"Yes much better but I'm still going to rest my voice until soundcheck," She feels so much more energetic this morning, "You still coming?"

Freddie beams, "Of course, I said I'd be there, didn't I? I'm looking forward to it."

"Is anyone else coming? I need to tell Mr Richards."

"Yes, there's a few of us. There's me, Brian and Chrissie, Roger and Dom, Deaky and Ronnie oh and Miami is coming too. It's a proper auditorium that your school has right?"

"Yeah, it can sit up to 2500 people including the side boxes. That's where you and the others will be sat so you don't get bothered by kids or other parents. I won't be coming home at the end of the school day so the show starts at 5 pm, Mr Richards will meet you by the school gate at 4.50 pm, please don't be late."

"I won't, when are you on?"

"Fallen Angelz is last on and there are six others before us. We are performing two original songs and one cover."

"Oh, the best spot you'll be remembered. What cover are you doing?"

Amelia grins, "That's the plan and you'll have to wait and see. Now I need to go so I'll see you later." She grabs her school bag and outfit for later racing out the door.