Chapter 07: Put On an Act

Upon receiving this unexpected call, Gu Wei responded calmly: "The reason."

Yue Fei: "My parents want to see you."

Gu Wei did not refuse: "Sure."

"Do you want me to pick you up?" He thought that Gu Wei would hesitate, but he did not expect that the man would agree so quickly, so Yue Fei suggested very intimately.

Gu Wei did not appreciate: "No need, you can send the address to Tang Yue."

"Okay." Being rejected but Yue Fei did not feel depressed, his thoughts were being conveyed at the right time.

Knowing that Young Master Gu is coming to their house for dinner, it would be their first meeting; Father Yue solemnly called the other two children telling them to come home. The family sat neatly in the living room at home, waiting for the arrival of Yue Fei's future partner.

When it was seven o'clock, and no one had come to the door, Yue Luo was already too hungry and said: "Brother, can you ask if he is almost here?"

Yue Fei was playing a game on his phone. He looked up and saw that the whole family was staring at him. Then he replied, "Uh, I'll call him."

Soon, the call was connected and Yue Fei asked under the stare of his whole family: "Are you almost here?"

Gu Wei: "Wait a minute, Tang Yue, where are we?"

Yue Fei heard Tang Yue's faint voice replied: "I'm just an intersection away."

Yue Fei: "Okay, I will come out to pick you up."

After hanging up, Yue Fei said to his family who have been looking at him eagerly, "he said he will be here soon, I'll come out to pick him up."

Before Yue Fei walked out of the living room, he heard Father Yue suddenly speak behind him: "I'm a little tired after sitting for so long, I'll take a walk to the gate."

Mother Yue: "Me too, I will go to the kitchen to have a look."

Yue Luo and Yue Ling: "Let's follow Dad to the gate and walk around."

Yue Fei originally thought that he would come out ahead of time to pick up Gu Wei so that he can brief the other on the situation and they are both on the same page; but in the end, four people stood by the iron gate looking at the big banyan tree in a daze.

Just when Yue Fei wanted to tell them to go back to the living room to wait for him, the lights of the car flashed in the distance.

The awaiting guest is here.

Under the pressure of three pairs of eyes, Yue Fei suddenly became a little nervous.

This was not an actual marriage, this was not his true partner, and they were not his actual family, why did he get all nervous?

Putting up a smile, Yue Fei walked two steps forward and waved to the slowly approaching car.

Tang Yue got out of the driver's seat, opened the back seat door, and Gu Wei half-leaned and got out of the car.

Yue Fei stood there, and suddenly could not move forward.

Gu Wei's dress tonight is not his usual formal suit and leather shoes that he wore in their previous meetings. The dark green long trench coat makes him look fashionable, casual and more approachable.

Slender legs, wide shoulders and narrow wait, Yue Fei looked at him, and a faint scent of wild rosin seemed to linger in his nose, and he suddenly felt that his throat was burning.