Chapter 18: The Substitution

The exercise books were stacked on the coffee table. Gu Wei put the cup next to the books and sat down with his legs bent.

After sitting down, Gu Wei looked around uncomfortably. He rarely sat on the floor like this when he was an adult, even though there was a cushion underneath.

"How to solve this problem?"

Yue Fei approached him and asked, pointing to the problem in the book.

Gu Wei lowered his eyes and placed his hands on the table.

Yue Fei understood and gave him the pen.

Gu Wei quickly wrote a number next to the problem.

After seeing the man finish writing and put down the pen, Yue Fei waits for a moment before asking: "This is?"

Gu Wei: "The answer."

Yue Fei opened the answer on the back of the book and showed him: "Here is the answer. What I want to ask is the steps to solve this problem."

Gu Wei: "Can you just tell at a glance?"

Swallowed down the awkwardness, Yue Fei told the truth: "I can't."

Thinking of the impressive 58 points, Gu Wei picked up the pen again: "The steps are like this."

An hour later...

"Do you understand how to solve this question?" Gu Wei asked patiently.

Yue Fei: "...Probably." If I don't say I understand, you won't let me see the sun of tomorrow!

Gu Wei: "Okay, then the next question."

Seeing that it was quite late, Yue Fei suggested: "It's getting late, how about we stop here for today, I will ask Secretary Tang the next time he comes by."

Gu Wei put down the pen after hearing the first half of the sentence, and he picked up the pen again after hearing the entire sentence: "No, we will go through every question until you get them."

Yue Fei checked the time, it was ten o'clock: "You have to go to work tomorrow."

Gu Wei: "I am the boss."

Yue Fei regretted asking Gu Wei with his study, and could only yawn with tears in his eyes: "...I'm sleepy."

Staying up late is not good for the body.

Seeing that the boy looked quite pitiful, Gu Wei showed compassion: "Then we go over them tomorrow."

Yue Fei nodded his head like a little chicken pecking on rice, completely ignoring the deep meaning of Gu Wei's words.

Therefore, the next day he saw Gu Wei already sitting at the dinner table, Yue Fei was extremely surprised.

"Are you going to stay here from now on?" Yue Fei asked Gu Wei.

Gu Wei: "The housekeeper auntie is here, it's not convenient for her to go back and forth between two places, she can return to Nanwan Xiang District on the weekends."

Yue Fei's gaze fell onto Aunt Chen. Didn't she say that Mr. Gu never eats the food she made?

Aunt Chen, who did not know that she was being used as an excuse, thought that Gu Wei was about to start to value her worthy, so she said, "Mr. Gu, if you want, I can go there in advance and cook the food in Nanwan Xiang District first."

Gu Wei paused and then replied hardly, "No need."

After dinner, Yue Fei, who was about to return to his room to do his homework, was stopped by Gu Wei.