Chapter 39: Sit on the Desk

Because of that long ten-minute pheromone grooming, Yue Fei slept very sweetly that night and didn't even have any dreams.

When he went downstairs to the dining room the next day, he saw Gu Wei already sitting at the table.

"Morning." Yue Fei greeted him.

Gu Wei nodded: "It's getting late."

Yue Fei checked the time. It was half past eight, okay!

Sitting down at the dinner table, before Yue Fei had time to pick up the bowl and chopsticks, Gu Wei suddenly reached out and handed him a bowl of porridge.

"Thank you." Yue Fei was very surprised, usually only he handed Gu Wei the food.

Putting the bowl in front of Yue Fei, Gu Wei asked casually: "Did you forget something?"

Yue Fei: "Huh?" What did he forget?

Gu Wei stretched out a hand and opened his palm in front of the boy's eyes.

Yue Fei was puzzled: "What?"

Gu Wei looked at him, but he didn't think that he had implied to such an extent, Yue Fei still didn't understand.

"My present." Two words were gritted out between his teeth.

Yue Fei blinked, and said with a fake cough: "I prepared those yesterday." The balloons were put up, the cake was there, and the candles were blown. Aren't those...presents?

Hearing this, Gu Wei was stunned for a moment. Unexpectedly, there was no present. He retracted his hand: "Let's eat."

Although Gu Wei didn't say anything, Yue Fei could sense the disappointment in the other party's pheromone.

Pursing his lower lip, Yue Fei silently lowered his head and took a sip of porridge.

He prepared those because he couldn't think of any presents. He thought that someone else had already held a party for Gu Wei last night, so he deliberately chose to decorate Nanwan Xiang District to show his sincerity. When Gu Wei came back so early, the man obviously didn't attend any celebration party, so Yue Fei felt that his preparation was more considerate.

But now...Obviously Gu Wei did not think the same as his

Feeling Gu Wei's loss, although it was very light, but he didn't know why, Yue Fei still felt uncomfortable.

Present, present, present...In such a short time, where would he go to get a present?

After eating, Yue Fei hurried back to the study on the second floor.

Gu Wei raised his eyebrows and didn't say anything. Although he was a bit disappointed when there was no present, he wouldn't blame Yue Fei at all. After all, Yue Fei's preparations last night surprised him.

After temporarily letting go of work, Gu Wei rarely felt relaxed.

Since he went to work for Gu Group, he had not taken any vacation. After so many years, he had become accustomed to dealing with work every day.

For him, there is no clear boundary between work and life.

This time, he had a rare one-month vacation. Although he had already made plans in advance, there were still two days before the scheduled itinerary started. He could only do nothing for these two days.

After Yue Fei went upstairs, there was no sound. Thinking that he had started to study hard, Gu Wei did not want to disturb him, so he found a book by himself, and sat on the sofa in the living room to read it.