Chapter 14: Being Friends

When Yue Fei woke up the next day, Gu Wei had already gone to work.

On Friday, he asked his roommates to go watch the new movie with him today. Before going out, he received a call from Mother Yue who asked him to come home immediately.

He had no choice but to cancel on his roommates and let the driver take him home.

When he got home, it was lunch time. Mother Yue had ordered the housekeeper to make lunch earlier today, so the moment Yue Fei got home, there would be a hot meal waiting for him.

After eating lunch, Yue Fei leaned on the sofa in a daze. People tend to get food coma right after eating.

Mother Yue sat next to Yue Fei and asked, "How is Young Master Gu treating you?"

Hearing this question, Yue Fei felt fully awake, "very good."

"What do you mean good?" Mother Yue asked.

Yue Fei: "...He let me pick any cars in his garage to use."

Mother Yue smiled and nodded as she listened, there was a sign of relief in her eyes.

After Yue Fei's answer, there was a moment of silence in the living room.

After a short pause, Mother Yue tentatively said: "Nothing else?"

Yue Fei: "Haha, how could there be none, there are too many, I don't know which one to start first."

Mother Yue breathed a sigh of relief: "That's good. I called you back today at your father's order. You're now married, your father and I think it's time to hand over some of the family's properties to you. You can do whatever you want with them at your own will."

Mother Yue took out a box from the coffee table, which obviously had been prepared a long time ago.

"Here are the title certificates of the three houses in the urban area, as well as 8% of the shares of the family company. The annual dividend should be enough for your daily expenses. Don't think it's too little, your father and I had arranged for you and Yue Ling to have the same share amount. Don't think that your dad and I are being unfair, Xiao Luo is the alpha, and he will definitely inherit the family property. In the future, your dad and I will also be taken care of by him..."

"Mom, you don't need to explain yourself, I understand." Yue Fei interrupted Mother Yue.

Yue Fei does not mind these things. He has planned to find a suitable job to support himself after graduation. In addition, he does not desire a materialistic life, so he is not really interested in wealth, to him everything is enough as it is.

"It's good if you can understand. Third Young Master Gu treats you very well, and the Gu Family's conditions are much better than ours. Seeing that you are living well, your father and I are very pleased. I won't have to worry about you anymore. Third Young Master Gu and you must manage your small family well, you hear?" Mother Yue patted the back of Yue Fei's hand, and said earnestly.

Yue Fei: "I know, Mom, you and Dad don't worry about me."

...

Leaving the Yue residence, Yue Fei did not immediately return to Nanwan Xiang District, but asked the driver to take him to the movie theater.

The showing time of the movie he had planned to watch with his roommates had already ended, so Yue Fei bought a new ticket and went in alone to watch it.

The movie tells the story of a delayed differentiation beta. It was not until the age of 22 that he realized that he was an omega, from this moment on his world had changed upside down for him.