Chapter 22: Move to the Second Floor

Of course, Yue Fei didn't believe what Gu Wei said that letting others know of their fake marriage would not affect the overall situation.

Public clamor can obscure the actual truth, and slander can destroy family ties.

Even for Gu Wei, if more and more people start to question his reputation, he won't be able to take over the company smoothly. Gu Wei is a reliable and outstanding member in the family, so the Gu Family is not really worried about him getting married, even if his partner is a beta. Correspondingly, Gu Wei must also do some superficial work here.

So the man just liked to tease him. Yue Fei pouted.

He just got back into his room not too long when someone knocked on his door.

"You're not going to continue your study after the exam?"

Outside the door, the voice of the person who was being maligned by Yue Fei came.

Yue Fei stepped forward to open the door: "Kinda want to relax after the exam."

Gu Wei stood at the door: "Staying all day in your room is your kind of relax?"

Yue Fei: "You don't have work today?"

Obviously the man must be bored, to the point of wanting to meddle into his own free time.

Since they had not seen each other for a long time, Gu Wei, who deliberately set aside a day to stay at home with the boy, heard the words and said, "Maybe because I am the boss."

"Oh." You are the boss so you have the highest authority.

"Your study is on the second floor, but your bedroom is on the first floor; it doesn't seem to be very convenient." Gu Wei said suddenly.

Yue Fei: "It's fine."

Actually, there are some inconveniences. Yue Fei always had to go back to the first floor to wash up after finishing his study in the study room.

"In the afternoon, I will let Sister Chen clean up the second floor, so you can move to the second floor." Gu Wei decided.

Yue Fei: "Second floor? Will it be inconvenient for you?"

He had always thought that the second floor was Gu Wei's private space, and he would not let him casually walk up there; even when Sister Chen cleaned up the house, she had to be cautious of where she cleans. At a later time, the man arranged his study on the second floor, which broke Yue Fei's perception. And this time, the man would let Yue Fei stay on the second floor, no wonder Yue Fei was surprised.

Gu Wei: "It's not inconvenient. I can't stay in so many rooms by myself."

Yue Fei's brain twitched: "In case you sometimes want to bring someone here to..."

"Huh? So you think of me that way?" Gu Wei laughed angrily, tapped the boy's head with the book in his hand, "Just forget it if you don't want to."

Staying together with Gu Wei during this period, Yue Fei noted that apart from work and socializing with business partners, it seemed that Gu Wei is not associating himself with anyone aside from him, the man's agreement partner.

After realizing this, he seemed to have slandered the other party based on groundless opinion, Yue Fei was a little ashamed: "No, I am quite willing."

Gu Wei lowered his gaze to look at the boy, and saw that the boy's guilty conscience was hidden under his calm expression. He felt somewhat amused in his heart, but didn't show it.

"I will not take anyone here."

After giving it some thoughts, Gu Wei added, "Except for you."

Yue Fei looked up and met his gaze.