Chapter 23: Being Reported

Growing up in a renounced family like the Gu Family, Gu Wei has become accustomed to calculating the benefits between human relations. Lu Zhenye often said that he is treating him like his own grandson; but, Gu Wei knew that if he were not the alpha grandson of the Gu Family, Grandpa Gu would not value him this much, and Lu Zhenye would never even look at him.

Even though he knew all of this, when a conflict really happened, the interests were being calculated and displayed in broad daylight. Does not matter the surname is Lu or Gu or whether he is the grandson or not, the differences are quite vivid, Gu Wei still felt extremely unhappy.

"That...I'm going back first."

Yue Fei put the new phones on the table and said cautiously.

He thought that Gu Wei would nod and let him go, but he didn't expect that Gu Wei, who had been trapped in his own thoughts, suddenly raised his eyes to look at him. Then for a moment, Yue Fei felt the danger of being stared at by the predator.

Gu Wei remembered when Yue Fei proposed negotiated conditions with him when they first met, the boy was young but pretending to be sophisticated.

"I'm not feeling well." Gu Wei said.

Yue Fei: "Huh?"

"Side effects." Gu Wei locked his eyes on the boy, and reached out to him, "Come here."

Yue Fei took a step back: "I haven't finished moving my things. If you feel unwell, I will ask Sister Chen to call a doctor."

Gu Wei put down his hand.

Yue Fei opened the door of the study and walked out.

When the door was about to close again, Yue Fei looked up and saw Gu Wei's gaze falling on the broken phone in the corner, half of his face sunken in the shadow, as if he was being abandoned by the world, lonely and lost.

With a click, the study door closed.

The sound of footsteps that should have been far away got closer and closer. Gu Wei turned around, and the person who had just fled in fright came to him.

Yue Fei raised his hands, took the person sitting in the chair into his arms, stumbling and saying, "That... just for a bit."

Gu Wei was lost in his thoughts about how to destroy the Lu Family, he was taken aback by the sudden embrace.

...Right, he will think about the Lu Family matter at a later time.

Being moved from the first floor to the second floor, except for the frequent encounters with Gu Wei when entering and leaving the room, there was no change in their daily lives.

The two days weekend passed by very quickly.

Back to school on Monday, Yue Fei was dragged over by his roommate Zhao Zhi as soon as he entered the classroom.

"Did you look at the class groups and forums over the weekend?"

Yue Fei: "No."

"No wonder you can still be happy. Now I have bad news and good news to tell you, which one do you want to hear first?"

"Good news?"

"The midterm exam results came out last week, and the class committee posted the results in the class forum. You did well in the exam."

"Wow!" His hard work of several weeks was not in vain, and the corners of Yue Fei's mouth rose.

"Don't be too happy yet. There is bad news." Zhao Zhi looked serious.