Chapter 26: And This is Not Being Scripted?

"Drinking by yourself at this hour?" Gu Wei walked into the study, sat down next to him, picked up the wine bottle on the table and glanced at it, only about a quarter of it was left.

Yue Fei: "You can't sleep either? Let's drink together?"

Gu Wei picked up another glass on the side and poured the rest of the bottle into his glass.

Yue Fei squinted at him: "Why are you stealing my wine?"

Gu Wei: "You drink too much."

Because there was still wine in his glass, Yue Fei just pursed his lips, did not want to fight over that little wine, and turned to sip the red wine in his own glass.

The study was quiet for a moment.

"Why can't you sleep?" Gu Wei leaned back on the sofa to relax and asked him.

"Do you think I'm troublesome?" Yue Fei asked instead of answering him directly.

"Why do you say that?" Gu Wei sat up straight after hearing the words.

Yue Fei: "The incident being reported this time is actually my own business, but I still troubled you to go to the school to help me deal with it. Later, I had to trouble you to help me solve it. I've reflected on it. As an agreement partner, I should not add this kind of burden to your shoulder, it will only increase your obligation, which is unfair to you."

Gu Wei took the time to input: "I don't think it is a burden."

"You said that you respect my decision, in which you are not wrong. Previously, I got so comfortable with our relationship that I pushed this matter to you. It was very irresponsible of me. After this, I will deal with everything by myself and I won't take up Qiao Si's time." Yue Fei ignored the man's words as he said those words, raising his glass and leaning over to gently touch Gu Wei's glass, "I have troubled you these past two days, thank you."

Gu Wei watched the boy lean his head back to drink the remaining wine in the glass, but he did not drink the wine in his own glass in response, instead he gradually frowned.

"There will be no such thing in the future." Yue Fei said one sentence after another.

"I'm going back to the room first."

After speaking, Yue Fei put the empty wine glass on the table and got up to go back to his room.

But before he could stand firmly, he was pulled back by his arm from behind.

Without a trace of defense, Yue Fei fell back on the sofa that Gu Wei was sitting on, and half of Yue Fei's body fell back onto the man's arms.

"What are you talking about? Who says you are troublesome, who says you are a burden?" Gu Wei really could not understand the brainwave passing through this boy's head.

Yue Fei leaned on the sofa and propped up his body: "You."

Gu Wei: "When did I... Do you think that in dealing with the school incident, respecting your opinion was wrong of me?"

"No, because what you said is right, so I said that I will handle my own affairs from now on." Yue Fei confidently said, "Why are you not satisfied?"

Definitely not satisfied at all, Gu Wei pinched his eyebrows: "You are drunk."

Yue Fei: "I'm not drunk. You suddenly changed your mind. Isn't that because you think this incident is giving you trouble?"

Gu Wei felt like choking his own saliva. He thought that after the conversation between them in the evening, this incident would be over, but he didn't expect Yue Fei to have such lingering attachment to it.

"You've misunderstood my words." Gu Wei licked his lips.

Yue Fei: "Misunderstood?"

Gu Wei: "Prior to this, I owed someone a favor due to Lu Lin's incident. The other party called me, hoping that we can settle this matter in private with Tang Xi and to not take legal means. That's why I wanted to confirm what you want. If you don't want to go through legal means, then I can repay the favor. But, if you want to go through legal means, then I'm ready to refuse him and let him make another request."

"I am on your side in this matter."

"About the Tang family, I already have another way to deal with them."

Yue Fei wiped his forehead, which was slightly sweaty and heated from drinking, as he listened to Gu Wei's explanation, "You can just tell me this directly."

Gu Wei: "I didn't think this could cause such a big misunderstanding."

"Who is the person?" Yue Fei asked.

Gu Wei hesitated for a while, but still told the truth: "Yin Xinchen." He had already told the boy the truth, there was no point in trying to hide the identity of his savior.

According to his findings, Yin Xinchen was the main cause of Yue Fei and his ex-boyfriend breaking up. This was also the reason why he didn't want to tell the boy of Yin Xinchen's name at first. He thought that the name Yin Xinchen would become an irrational factor in Yue Fei's decision making.

Yue Fei had already guessed as much, as the male protagonist in the book and the most important character in the novel, the two would meet sooner or later: "How did you know him?"

"I didn't know him until the incident on the cruise, he worked part-time there; and he was the one warning me that Lu Lin spiked the drink, so I owed him a favor." Gu Wei explained.

"I see." Yue Fei nodded and sat up straight, "Then I will go back and rest first."

This time Gu Wei didn't stop Yue Fei.

Going back to the room, Yue Fei's eyes that had been out of focus instantly disappeared, and were being replaced by bright eyes.

"Hmph, you're not the only one who knows how to put on a deceiving act." Yue Fei was not drunk at all, and he felt so much better at the moment. Successfully made Gu Wei speak out the truth from his own mouth had given him a sense of accomplishment.

Just that he didn't know the real reason for his success to trick Gu Wei.

In the study, after Yue Fei left, Gu Wei sat on the sofa alone, half of his body plunged into the shadows.

With Yue Fei gone, Gu Wei's attention was finally attracted by the faint smell of wine in the potted plants on the side, and he could clearly see the color of the soil in the potted plants.

Recalling the conversation with Yue Fei just now, after figuring out the key points, Gu Wei raised his eyebrows and chuckled lightly.

It seems that he has been scripted.

But it was okay, that worrisome feeling in his heart was solved. Gu Wei also felt tired, so he put down his wine glass and got up to go back to the room to sleep.

Passing by Yue Fei's room, seeing the light in his room was still on, Gu Wei stopped in his tracks, raised his hand and knocked on the door.

Yue Fei leaned behind the door and opened the door after hearing the knocking.

"What is the matter?"

Gu Wei: "Not sleepy?"

"Ah, I'm very sleepy."

Gu Wei: "Then go to bed early."

"Okay."

Gu Wei: "Next time you should spend the time dumping the wine on studying, so you won't have to do last minute reviews on your exams."

"..."

With a bang, Yue Fei blushed and closed the door.

Goodbye.

---