Chapter 29: Return to the Gu Family Manor

This was the first time that Yue Fei received a call from He Yinyin. Gu Wei didn't tell him much about the Gu Family, and the book didn't focus much on the Gu Family matters. The only thing that is clarified was that Gu Wei is the leader in the Gu Family generation. Therefore, how to deal with He Yinyin, Yue Fei was a bit unsure on which right action to take.

"Are you busy?" He Yinyin was very polite.

Yue Fei: "I'm not busy, is there something you want to talk about?"

"Right. At the end of the month, it will be the Gu Family's ancestor worship day. The ancestor worship has always been handled by our family. Gu Wei is busy with work, so I want to ask if you have time next weekend to come here and help me. It only takes up two days of your weekend and will not affect study."

He Yinyin's gentle temperament made Yue Fei unable to refuse.

"Yes, of course it's okay, Gu...Wei is on a business trip as we speak, but when he comes back tonight, I will tell him and let him take me there next weekend." Yue Fei responded politely.

He Yinyin: "Okay. See you next week, Xiao Fei."

"See you next week." Yue Fei said.

He Yinyin asked him to come to the Gu Family Manor? According to her, he will only be asked to be there next weekend, and Gu Wei will be "busy at work", so it was not like she forced him to be there.

He and Gu Wei had been married for a while, and He Yinyin might have wanted to spend more time with him. She hadn't had the opportunity to do so, and now it just so happened that the Gu Family's ancestor worship time is just around the corner.

What should he do? Yue Fei was a little bit distressed; mother always knows everything, and he was worried that He Yinyin would see through the false marriage between him and Gu Wei.

However, being all anxious now is not going to help, this matter can only be discussed with Gu Wei after the man comes back in the evening. Yue Fei sighed, put the phone aside, picked up the book and continued to study.

If he were to go back to the main house next weekend, he would have no more time to study. He should make good use of the time he has now on studying.

When Gu Wei came back in the evening, Yue Fei was still working hard in the study room, and didn't go downstairs until the man personally came up and asked him to eat.

"Studying hard today?" Gu Wei teased him.

Yue Fei: "Because I won't have time to study next week."

Gu Wei: "Why?"

Yue Fei: "Your mother called and asked me to go to the main house next week to help her prepare for the ancestor worship."

Gu Wei grabbed the food and said, "Don't worry about it, I will call her back later."

"But I have agreed." Yue Fei blinked.

Gu Wei: "It's okay."

"...I also said you will take me back next weekend." Yue Fei confessed honestly, "Her call came so sudden, and I was not prepared."

"Actually, it's okay to go back, but I'm afraid you can't handle it." Gu Wei's tone suddenly became serious. "Although my mother looks gentle and affectionate, you should know that for her to sit in the position of the wife of the Gu Family with power, she definitely is not someone who you can take lightly."

Yue Fei became a little nervous: "Then you should stop working on the weekend and go back with me? Or you can find an excuse to tell your mother that I can't make it."