Chapter 16: The Banquet

Soon they arrived at the hotel hosting the banquet. Tang Yue stayed in the car with the driver, while Yue Fei followed Gu Wei into the banquet hall.

Yue Fei does not know if it was his illusion or not. He noticed that the moment he followed Gu Wei into the hall, there was a momentary pause of the people who had gathered in the hall to talk cordially, but it was only a moment and everything was back to normal.

Gu Wei walked straight toward the center of the hall without raising his eyelids.

Yue Fei pursed his lower lip to keep up.

In the corner of the hall, a beautiful boy stared at the figures of the two entering the venue, his left earing gleaming coldly under the lights of the hall. Whether it is the aura or the clothing, the two are like in-sync partners, as in you have me in you, and I have you in me, in which the outsiders cannot intervene.

A beta? The boy sneered in his heart.

"Third Brother Gu, you are here."

"Third Brother."

"Third Brother, long time no see."

...

As Gu Wei approached the center of the hall, there were more and more greetings around him. Gu Wei only nodded and passed by without stopping to greet anyone.

Yue Fei looked at this scene with novelty.

Obviously, Gu Wei is one of the best in this group of peers.

The distance of tens of meters was quickly over. In the middle of the hall, an old man in a wheelchair watched them approaching with a smile.

"This is Xiao Fei."

Yue Fei looked at the old man who called his nickname.

"Yes, Grandpa Lu, this is my partner." Gu Wei curled up his lips and took Yue Fei's hand, "You don't have to worry about my marriage in the future."

Lu Zhenye and Grandpa Gu Wei had a good relationship. They were watching Gu Wei grow up and treated him like his own grandson. At this moment, he heard these words and snorted: "I thought you had forgotten this old man."

"How could I, today you specially organized the juniors in the circle over 25 and under 30 to come to the Haitang Hall to enjoy the paintings, and you also specifically asked those who have a partner to bring theirs to the banquet, this gathering was meant for Xiao Fei, so I brought him here to meet you," Gu Wei said.

Lu Zhenye refused to admit it, and could not help complaining about him like an old child: "You're thinking too much, I just acquired some new paintings and want to let you juniors come over to view them. Besides, you're so secretive about your marriage, no one even gets a wind of it. If it weren't for your father accidentally talking about it, I would not have known that you have...actually had a partner."

Gu Wei only smiled, not saying anything.

"Xiao Fei, is this kid treating you well?" Lu Zhenye looked at Yue Fei.

Yue Fei nodded: "Very good."

Lu Zhenye looked at Gu Wei suspiciously: "If he bullies you in the future, just tell me and I will help you lecture him."

Yue Fei: "Ah, yes, thank you Grandpa."

Gu Wei smiled lightly, and raised his hand to support the handle of the old man's wheelchair: "It's too noisy here. I'll accompany you to rest for a while."

Lu Zhenye became all childish: "You just don't want me to talk with Xiao Fei."

Gu Wei: "No need to rush, I will take him to visit you at your home another day."