17| Christmas Bliss

December 23 came quickly than I ever expected

December 23 came quickly than I ever expected. The holiday buzz was more widespread than ever, and many students have made the decision to return to their homes for winter break. And the seventh year Gryffindors were singing a rather loud and deplorable version of 'Jingle Bell Rock' by the muggle artist Bobby Helms.

I was going to be celebrating with the Weasleys at the Burrow, with Ted, Andy and Tonks. Monica's mother had told her that she should stay at home for the break. And Luke and Ollie were the only ones who were staying at Hogwarts.

On the day I was returning home, December 24th, I decided to see Remus before winter break.

~oOo~

"Where will you be celebrating Christmas this year?" he asked.

"At the Burrow. With the Weasleys, my cousin and her family are coming there too. And you?" I replied.

"Perhaps here." he said, his eyes glued on the book he was reading, his legs crossed and mounted on the table.

"I'm sorry." I muttered, he raised his head high. "Sorry for what?" he asked, standing from his seat and kneeled down beside me.
"You're going to spend your Christmas. Alone. I wanted to spend it. With you, now that we're together."

He kissed my cheek, very tenderly. "Don't be. I could wait, spend time with your family first, they're more important." he sighed, playing with my hair. We sat there, it seemed like hours, with cups of tea and a chat. But then I had realized that I was running late, I quickly got up from my seat and grabbed my trunk.

"Can't believe I'm running late!" I shrieked.

"Selene," he said softly, handing me a long rectangular box with a red ribbon on top. "Merry Christmas."

"What's this?" I asked him, curiousity bubbling in my mind.
"Oh, nothing. Just a small Christmas present. It's not much, but it's all that I can afford though. I hope you love it." he said, chuckling.

I raised my brow, and tried to untie the ribbon but he told me that I should open it later night.
"I gotta go now, see you, Remus." I said, kissing him on the lips before leaving.

"Merry Christmas, love." he said.
"Merry Christmas, too. And bye." I said, winking at him, before leaving his offie and closing the door,

~oOo~

"Oi! Wake up, Selene!"

I was awakened by Fred's voice and was shaking my body in order to wake me up. I half-groaned and looked around, realizing that we have already arrived at Platform nine and three quarters. Ginny had decided to come home for break, too and she shared the compartment with us.