113| King Of My Heart

A/N: My fellow Swifties :)

Srry for the late update! But anyways, lots and lots of fluff are in the way, prepare yourselves. More Remus and Hope bonding </3

 More Remus and Hope bonding </3

"Rise and shine, birthday boy." I groggily mumbled, the day of Remus' thirty-seventh birthday. I slung an arm over his chest, eyes still closed, expecting to feel the warm sensation of his bare chest, only for my arm to hit the mattress with an audible thud.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I peeled one eye open and glanced to his side of the bed where it lay empty, his pillow and the mattress all wrinkled and the blanket was almost thrown on the floor.

"R-Rem?" I sleepily called, inspecting the room.

He wasn't there.

He must be in the nursery.

Without a second thought, I quickly rushed to the second room, as I made my way, I heard soft laughter and babbles coming from the nursery.
Opening the door slowly, I couldn't help but smile. Remus sat on the rocking chair, with Hope safely cuddled in his arms whilst he rocked the chair back and forth in a slow rhythm.

"You know what?" Remus said, gazing down at her. "Today is Daddy's birthday."

Hope gurgled loudly, making both of us smile.

"Mummy's still asleep, so can I ask you something? 'Cause she might get mad at Daddy," he said, his voice now quiet as he gazed down upon her with love and adoration. "When you get older, be sure to be as naughty as you can get, so Mummy will send you to bed every time. And you know what's the best part? I'll give you lots and lots of chocolate."

His fingers slowly traveled toward her nose before booping it playfully and he giggled like a small child.

"Do I have to be the strict parent?" I sighed gently, crossing my arms with a slight grin and leaning against the doorframe. He looked over his shoulder whilst Hope did the very same, I laughed at the shared and identical expressions on their faces.

"Go back to sleep, love. I'm terribly sorry if I woke you." he apologized with a wince.

"It's fine. It's six o'clock in the morning anyway, breakfast?" I whispered with a small smile and waved my hand dismissively, walking towards the two.

"Yes, please." he said with a tired laugh.

Hope babbled as she saw me, her arms reaching out for me and I quickly obliged, pulling her into my chest as I smoothed out the strands of sandy brown hair she had.
"Did you greet Daddy happy birthday? Later, we're gonna give him the best party ever."

"Oh, please don't tell me you've thrown another fancy party. You know how much I hate parties." Remus ran a hand through his hair.

"Of course not, my darling husband."