34| Padfoot's Plan

The days were long, and somehow, our first day of exams had finished

The days were long, and somehow, our first day of exams had finished. It didn't feel like days at all, it all just seemed happening in just hours.

Soon the next days of exams followed. Charms, Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology and Ancient Runes were all done. And I didn't know if I should be proud of myself since I had accomplished my last exams or be nervous because I didn't know if I will pass or don't get enough N.E.W.Ts as I would like.

Monica, Ollie, Luke and I spent the rest of our free time, sitting together by the Black Lake. The end of the school year was two days away, and in two days, I would bid goodbye to Hogwarts.

I would bid goodbye to my former teachers. I would bid goodbye to my friends who will still continue their remaining school years. I would bid goodbye to all the classrooms and every ground of the castle that I set foot throughout my seven years at school.

But, there was one thing that I was certain of: I would never bid goodbye to the memories I have spent for seven years.

"What does it feel like having a few days left until graduating?" Luke asked, laying on the grass.

"Emotional." I said bluntly, closing the book that I was reading and releasing a severe sigh as the aroma of the fresh grass filled my nose, releasing all nostalgia and I thought to myself that I would miss that aroma very much.

"Same with Selene." Ollie muttered, as Monica nodded her head with agreement.

Luke then got up.

"Congratulations to us for completing our N.E.W.Ts. I'll be honest, I'm grateful that the four of us are still here and none of us had given up. Given up in life, or, just given up the journey we've been through." said Luke proudly.

I turned my head around, Monica and Ollie were exchanging looks of happiness.

I tried to push that prevailing thought at the back of my head, but I was unsuccessful to do so. I thought about the sad fact that I would no longer find ourselves laying on the grass as we watch the sunset. I won't be sitting at the Great Hall surrounded by my friends.

We've grown up. Every child's worst fear.

The one thing that Peter Pan did not want to experience.

But I'm afraid, I've just done that.

We were no longer young, impulsive first years whose eyes curiously wondered each hall, corridor, and corner of the castle as we pondered to ourselves what will our lives become of as we enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.