95| An Unexpected Surprise

A/N: this chapter is going to be one hell of a ride. 🤭

But anyways, enjoy :))

When I opened my eyes the next morning after one of the most amazing nights I've ever had in my life, Remus leaned over to kiss me awake, but I quickly put my hand over my mouth

"Morning breath." I shook my head, making him laugh softly before I rolled out of bed and stumbled toward the bathroom.

There was a sort of sickening feeling in my stomach and I let out a low grimace. I felt abruptly nauseous. Was it one of the joke candy the twins gave me yesterday? Suddenly the strange sensation grew into a lump in my throat and I desperately wanted to let it out.

Ugh — definitely the only choice I had.

Bending down and tensely gripping the sides of the toilet, my whole body hurled itself forward. Immediately flushing it away, I sat on the bathroom floor, breathing heavily and beads of sweat trickled down my forehead.

"Sweetheart?" Remus rushed in quickly, kneeling down beside me. "Are you alright?"

I nodded my head very quickly.

"You don't look good, perhaps you need medicine?" he asked me, wiping my sweat with a towel.

"I'm completely fine," I breathed. "Rem, w-what did I have for dinner last night?"

He thought for a while. "Oh, uhm- after we – you know –" he chuckled to himself. "You asked for chocolate and a glass of milk. You were perfectly fine last night, is there something else you had?"

"It's probably the candy I bought or a stomach bug. Maybe I just need breakfast." I mumbled.

"Are you sure you're fine? How about I ask Mad-Eye to give you a day off again?" he suggested, standing up before I yanked his arm.

"No need for that, I can't bear to lose this job. So please leave me alone." I said miserably, pushing him outside.

"But in sickness and in health remember –"

"We can talk about it later." I told him firmly, shutting the door.

I looked at myself in the large mirror.

This was gonna be a tough day.

When I got off the shower, I felt a lot more better yet the tiredness was still crawling around. He was by the stove, preparing breakfast. The aroma in the kitchen was quite appealing to me.

"What's for breakfast?" I inspected, inhaling the delicious smell.

"Er- Molly brought us chicken yesterday. Go first if you'd like, I'm not hungry yet." he replied, handing me a plate. The smell was enough to make my mouth water and in a split second, I suddenly felt hungry than before, making me take about three pieces.