94| Angry, But In a Playful Way

Two weeks have passed

Long hours of training.
Long Order meetings.
The sleepless nights I spent, wondering if Remus would safely return after the dangerous missions he was assigned to.

He'd often come back at the crack of dawn, lying on the bed beside me, tired and weak but nevertheless I was filled with relief and happiness to see my husband safe and sound.

Thank God that there was a basement safe for him whenever his transformations would kick in. The full moon was a few days away, of couse I would get worried for him.

The pain and torture he had to endure every month was killing me, I wish I would be with him to be by his side and comfort him, but as always, he would reason that I wasn't be safe with him while in his wolf form.

"Coffee, sweetheart?" I asked him absent-mindedly, standing by the stove with an empty cup and a jar of coffee powder.

"Yes please." he replied, as I made him some.

"Alright."

"You not having breakfast?" he asked, finally removing his attention from the latest copy of the Daily Prophet.

"No, I have to get to the Ministry right away, Mad-Eye needs me," I sighed, fixing the messy strands of my hair. "Ok, how do I look? Do I need to-"

"You're beautiful, as always," he replied bluntly with a sincere smile. "And there's nothing you need to change."

I shook my head with a grin.

"See you later at the meeting. Love you." I said to his ear, kissing him on his flushed cheek.

"Love you too, take care!" he winked, before I apparated for the Ministry.

"Focus, Black! Focus on me! You can't be in a battle if you're like this!"

I slumped my shoulders, wiping my sweaty forehead with my wrist, as I gripped my wand even tighter.

"Actually, it's Lupin now Mad-Eye in case you've forgotten-" I grinned but was interrupted when a shot of purple came hurling towards me and I luckily had a few seconds to cast a shield charm to protect myself from Mad-Eye's hex.

"Never let your guard down, child. Understand?" Mad-Eye grunted in warning, I quickly nodded without even fully taking in his advice and struggled amidst the darkness around our surroundings.

"Can we at least take a break? I'm a bit – exhausted –"  I blinked repeatedly, panting. "Please Mad-Eye –"

"What did I say about breaks? Focus!"