36| Chaos at the Shrieking Shack

"Selene! Help!" Ron pleaded as I followed him; Sirius still dragging him while Scabbers was squeaking frantically and trying to escape Ron's tight clutch and Sirius

I heard familiar voices not that far but were in the tunnel. Harry and Hermione had landed on the tunnel. Immediately, I rushed back to help the two third-years.

"Are you two alright?" I asked worriedly, inspecting the two to check if they were injured badly. There were light scratches and bruises on their faces.

"We're fine." Hermione said, her voice shaking a bit.

"Hurry! We need to get the rat." I said seriously, helping them get up the groud and signalling them to follow me.

Hermione and Harry exchanged looks.

"The ra – Scabbers? What's with you with Ron's pet?" Harry asked all of a sudden as I heard his and Hermione's footsteps briskly following me.

"He's not Ron's pet. And most importantly, he's not a rat." I said.

"Are you out of your —" Hermione shrieked.
"No time for explanations!" I cut her off coldly. "We need to catch that rat right now, even if it's the last thing I do."

I winced slightly knowing that I sounded like I was a bit of –, not a bit, I sounded like I was more of a tyrant. I scoffed at the idea and instead speeded up my pace with the two-third years berserkly following me as we made our way to the Shrieking Shack.

When we reached the end of the tunnel, I looked around to make sure Harry and Hermione were still behind me. He and Hermione paused, gasping for breath, edging forwards as the three of us pulled our wands from our pockets.

We had reached the Shrieking Shack.

Harry glanced at Hermione, who looked very frightened.

"Lumos." said the three of us.

She suddenly clasped Harry's arm again. Her wide eyes were now gazing upon the boarded windows.

"Are we in the Shrieking Shack?" Hermione asked, her voice quiet and she was whimpering like a small child.

"Yeah. Amazing isn't it?" I said, grinning like a maniac and then looked at Hermione and Harry who were both looking at me, eyebrows furrowed and the two looked as though they were about to jinx me so bad.

I immediately dropped my grin and cleared my throat.

"Let's just er –, find Ron. And Scabbers." I said bluntly.