59| Finally

My sleep was disturbed my the feeling of a dog licking my face to wake me up

I groaned, peeking one eye open to find myself staring at Sirius who was in his dog form and panting excitedly. I tried to hide myself by slipping under the covers, but Sirius quickly flipped them over and threw them on the floor.

August 4th.

I was now officially 20 years old. I was now officially out of my teens. And this would be the first birthday I would be spending in Grimmauld Place for the first time in 10 years. And the first birthday I would not be spending in the Tonks' house.

"Happy Birthday, pup." Sirius chimed, transforming back into his human form and sat on the end of my bed, cross-legged and grinning brightly.

"Thanks, Sirius." I chuckled.

"Your presents are downstairs waiting for you with everyone. C'mon! Let's start your birthday with fun!" Sirius beamed, trying to pull me out of my bed.

"Sirius – just give me five minutes to take a shower! I can't go down looking like this." I laughed, pushing him off the bed.

"Ouch!" he said, feigning pain but ended up laughing hysterically on the floor. "Alright, alright. I'm gonna wait outside."

I grabbed the towel on my chair before heading towards the bathroom. I emerged after five minutes, wearing a nice dress Andy bought me two years earlier and also – the locket Remus had given to me during the Christmas of 1993.

I had not worn it for almost a year and I thought that now would be the best time to wear such a sentimental piece.

Sirius stood outside, arms crossed and still wearing his usual grin.

"Hurry up, you 20-year-old." Sirius smirked, dragging me down the stairs and into the living excitement with utmost excitement.

The Weasleys and Remus were all sprawled all over the sofas in the now decontaminated living room and looked up once Sirius and I had entered.

"Happy Birthday!" they all said in a chorus and standing up from their seats to give me a hug.

"Thank you guys. Wow, Gin, gently!" I laughed as Ginny had pulled me into a bone crushing embrace.

"Open the presents, pup!" Sirius exhorted me, placing an arm around my shoulder, and pointed at the bundle of presents that were placed together in the middle of the living room.

"Oh, you didn't have to." I said sheepishly, staring at the presents in awe.

"What? And keep our money for oursleves?! I planned this for about two days," Sirius stated proudly, as I gave him a slight punch on the shoulder. "Anyways, these are all from your friends and loved ones."