80| Happy Anniversary

"Selene, my love

"Selene, my love. Rise and shine." Remus lovingly whispered to my ear. I felt his lips brushing against my temple, and down the side of my neck.

"It's too early." I muttered, pressing my face against my pillow very hardly, trying my best to battle his efforts, but I lost.

I heard him chuckling gently against my skin. And peeling my eyes open, he kissed me very tenderly, and I wrapped my hands around his neck to pull him closer to me and deepen our kiss.

"You look very happy today." I remarked softly, running my fingers through his messy hair and staring at his dreamy eyes.

"I am," he smiled. "Today's a big day."

"Big day?"

He laughed. "My goodness, have you forgotten what day is it today?" He raised an eyebrow seductively at me, as I furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion.

"December 20, five days before Christmas –" I began, then my eyes suddenly widened in realization and I let the corners of my lips rise.

December 20.

It had been two years since the day we first said I love you to each other, one of the best nights I've spent in my life with him. I still recalled that day very vividly, the contagious buzz of the holidays at Hogwarts, the Christmas ball, the dancing and the music.

"Oh."

"I was afraid you've forgotten about it completely." he grinned as his soft fingers stroked the chocolate brown curls of my hair.

"How could I, Rem? It was the day we first said I love you. And it's been two years." I said sweetly.

"Happy Anniversary, my love." he whispered.

"Happy Anniversary to you too."

"I've got quite a day planned for the two us." he said with a smile, dragging the two of us downstairs as I brushed the untidy strands of my hair away from my forehead.

"Is that so?" I cocked an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"Well, what what do you even think of me? Would you even think we'd celebrate our anniversary sitting on the couch with Sirius! Of course not!" he exclaimed.

I laughed.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS!!"

My heart slightly jumped but my composure remained, I was snickering slightly as red sparks erupted from Sirius's wand.

"Wasn't that surprising at all, that was a fail. But thank you for your thoughtfulness." Remus mumbled sarcastically, patting Sirius's shoulder as he proceeded to the kitchen.

"Hey, I worked so hard on that!" Sirius hollered, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Thanks again, Pads." I chuckled, kissing his cheek, receiving a grin from him.