51| Aftermath

I could no longer bare to watch the gut-wrenching scene any further

I could no longer bare to watch the gut-wrenching scene any further. To see Cedric on the ground, lifeless and see his family grieving was too much for me to bare.

I tore my eyes away from the Hufflepuff's body and turned to Harry to comfort him after this traumatizing event.

"Harry ..." I croaked, wiping a tear and once I opened my eyes I had realized that he was nowhere to be seen.

I frowned as my eyes searched the are everywhere, hoping that Harry would be around somewhere. But he was missing. He was right next to Cedric's body a second ago. Where could have that boy disappeared to?

Then I realized that it wasn't just Harry who was missing.

Mad-Eye was also gone.

"Mad-Eye couldn't have taken Harry out of this place ... he would never do that ..." I muttered to myself, noting that Mad-Eye was near with Harry before he disappeared. And I knew that Mad-Eye would never do such a thing to a young boy, especially after the trauma he went through.

Then my eyes buldged in horror all of a sudden, remembering the letter that Harry wrote to me a few weeks ago. He saw a memory of Dumbledore's through the Pensieve and Barty Crouch Jr was there.

I suddenly remembered why Mad-Eye's odd tongue movement was somehow familiar.

When I was young at around 4 years old, my family and I went over to my Uncle Cygnus's home. Bellatrix, my cousin and my parents engaged in a conversation at dinner, and she invited Barty Crouch Jr over as well as her husband, Rodolphus Lestrange and a few other Death Eaters.

My younger self was disgusted at Barty Crouch's habit of flashing his tongue.

And over the past few months, Harry frequently wrote to me about Mad-Eye assisting him during all three tasks.

I put all the pieces together. And once I did, my already pale face became more pale.

The cup must've been a Portkey ... he was always helping Harry ... that was another thing Mad-Eye would never do ... he wanted Harry to get the Cup ... and when Harry did – Voldemort returned ... it was all planned.

The Mad-Eye that I had seen hours ago wasn't the Mad-Eye Moody everyone knew and respected.

It was Barty Crouch Jr.

And he must've been under the Polyjuice Potion.

I immediately ran towards Dumbledore in panic, my heart racing as I pushed through the crowd and grabbed the elderly headmaster's shoulder so I could grab my attention faster.