104| Come Back, Please

A/N : *nervous laughter* I wasn't prepared for this, neither are all of you.

Enjoy and bring the tissues x

"Alright, people of the universe, the meeting's gonna start in a few minutes

"Alright, people of the universe, the meeting's gonna start in a few minutes." Sirius called, clapping his hands.

It had been five months since I last went to Number 12 Grimmauld Place for a meeting. Remus decided to bring me there after a while of debating to himself, although I had just come there to merely listen, nothing else.

A crack came from the door, and as soon as we all heard the familiar sound of a cane smacking against the floorboards.

I saw his magical eye instantly focusing on my growing stomach. I assumed that he felt a great protectiveness over the baby ever since I announced I was expecting, and I felt extremely grateful to him.

"Isn't it quite strange that Mad-Eye knows what your daughter looks like before you and Moony do?" Ana nudged my shoulder with a chuckle as I joined in.

"Tell me Mad-Eye, does she look like her father?" I cheekily asked, Remus scoffed behind Sirius.

"No, she definitely looks like her mum. Doesn't she, Mad-Eye?" he said.

Mad-Eye just simply grunted. "I'm not telling, you two will have to wait."

I let out a defeated huff, and Sirius laughed.

However, Mad-Eye's face was suddenly guilt-ridden, and looked at Remus, which worried me.
"Is there something wrong?" my face fell in confusion.

"Lupin, I need to talk to you, privately." Mad-Eye growled under his breath. I furrowed my eyebrows, and he reluctantly stood up from his seat, following Mad-Eye outside.

"I'll be right back." he whispered and shut the door.

"Good thing Fred and George borrowed me one of their Extendable-Ears." Sirius grinned, pulling out one of the twins' joke products, and he quickly shoved it under the door.

"Alastor," I heard Remus faintly. His voice was full of fear and pain at the same time. "I can't. My wife and child need me, tell Dumbledore that he needs to find someone else."

"There's nothing I can do, son. You have to go."

"He's not going! He has a child on the way!" I cried, pacing back and forth outside after learning about their conversation. Both of them looked stern yet sorrowful.

"I tried to reason with Dumbledore, but your husband has no choice, kid."

"I don't give a damn on what Dumbledore thinks!" I retorted.

"I have to talk to the Headmaster, he's coming here to fully discuss it, and I'll try to convince him – " Mad-Eye was interrupted by the opening of the door, Albus Dumbledore had arrived along with the rest of the Order. His face bore a soft and gentle smile, which disgusted me a bit.