108| The French Veela

"It's hard to believe

"It's hard to believe." I chuckled to myself one afternoon in the Burrow's living room.

"What's hard to believe?" George asked, sipping a glass of his juice with an interested grin.

"That you and Fred both fancied me. And only one of you got caught by my husband." I giggled as George scratched his head in confusion.

"You forgot didn't you–"

"Of course, I didn't!" George exclaimed, making me burst into fits of laughter. "Yeah I'm really sorry, it was just a silly crush and I've gotten over it. As well as Freddie."

"It's alright, I meant I did have a lot of guys gushing over me during my years at Hogwarts." I breathed, George merely shook his head with a chuckle.

"But if there's one beautiful woman. It's her."

My attention then snapped unto Bill's fianceé, Fleur. I recalled that I had a brief encounter with her during the Triwizard Tournament two years ago.

And indeed, she was a Veela.

Quarter Veela to be precise.

Which made her unirresistibly beautiful.

"I gotta agree, Georgie. Bill's got a fine taste in women." I snickered.

"I beg your pardon?"

I was now looking face-to-face with her porcelain-looking face, her blue-ish and mysterious eyes locking with mine as she just gazed at me curiously. I coughed and sat up straight.

"Oh, sorry. It was nothing." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I see," she said quietly. "I just hoped you know, that eet's very rude to laugh at somebody."

At her words, Mrs. Weasley and Ginny both glanced at her reproachfully like she was a mass murderer or something as she looked back at them with hesitation and regret at what she had said.

"My apologies, I was ze one who was being rude

"My apologies, I was ze one who was being rude." she gave me an apologetic look as I slowly tried to take in her French accent.

"No, no, no. Everything's fine." I reassured. She smiled softly and sat next to me on the sofa, a shocked gasp eliciting from Ginny before she was shushed by Mrs. Weasley.