43| Last Train Ride and Letters

"Am I hearing what what you just said?" I said, quite confused and shot my hands in the air, trying to process what Monica had just told me

"You took an Unbreakable Vow with Remus John Lupin?"

"Yes." said Monica, folding her arms.

"W-why?" I said.

"Like I said a few moments ago, I get to protect and look after you while you're dealing with depression –"

"I. Am. Not. Dealing. With. Depression." I said briskly.

"Ok, I'll look after you and do everything just to make you feel happy again while Remus can reflect to himself."

I slowly walked away from Monica, my hands on my two hips.

"He'd do that? W-why?" I said in disbelief.

"Because he loves you. And he cares about you." Monica answered.

I shook my head.

"He doesn't love me, Monica. If he did love me, he wouldn't push me away." I muttered, sitting on my bed and refusing to believe that he loved me.

"He loves you. So much. He just thought he was doing that for your own good, he thought he was protecting you." Monica said quietly, sitting beside me as well.

I just sat there in utter silence, thinking about what Monica had said.

"I'm going back to the party." said Monica simply, standing from my bed.

"I'm coming too." I mumbled, as she flashed a smile and the two of us made our way back to the party in the fourth floor.

The party lasted for hours. It was the absolute time of our lives, we danced, socialized, and laughed like small children.

Shortly after, Dumbledore gave us a heartfelt farewell speech and Gryffindor had won not only the Quidditch Cup but also the House Cup. Celebrating my last victory at Hogwarts was truly bittersweet, and I prayed again and again that this will happen for the years to come.

I felt proud and satisfied with myself.

Because I had fulfilled the two promises I made before the start of term.

One, have enough N.E.W.Ts to become an Auror for the Ministry.

Fulfilled.