124| Birthdays and News

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE! I'm afraid to say that we are nearing the end of this story *sad violin music*, and I'm making a few time skips. For those who have been drained out lately and have mental health issues, know that you're valid <3

 For those who have been drained out lately and have mental health issues, know that you're valid <3

It was mid-afternoon, two months after Christmas.

The house was as busy as ever.

Today, was a very special occasion for all of us. It was the day of Hope's first birthday.
If I was almost emotional and near to bursting into hysterics, I was hiding it very well.

I still couldn't believe that it had been a year since Hope came into our lives, the same day since her father and I had been engaged.

Without a doubt, our lives had changed for the better when she made us her parents, and a family.

Remus had made sure that Hope's first birthday was to be simple yet perfect.

"Oh, shove off Moony! You're doing it wrong!"
Sirius said, exasperated as Remus tried to place two pink bows on a laughing Hope's hair.

"Well, what do you expect? Her mother's the one who ties her hair and boys don't wear bows!" Remus said in annoyance. "Stay still please, sweetheart."

"Oh, step aside boys." I laughed, shaking my head and I took Hope and fixed her curls.

The two blushed at the same time and scratched the back of their heads.

"There. That's a lesson for your Dad and Uncle Padfoot, right Hope?" I grinned once I finished and laughed alongside Hope at their sheepish faces.

"I promise, Hope, your first birthday's going to be simple but special and perfect," Remus said, carrying Hope to his side and kissing her cheek with a smile while we headed outside the garden, where he and Sirius had set the celebration.

Arthur and Molly, Ana, Bill and Fleur, Lyall and Andromeda were standing by the dining table and sorting out the cutlery as they engaged in lively conversation.

Fred, George, and Tonks were sprawled on the ground, howling with laughter in unison.

They all looked up when the four of us entered the scene with bright smiles. "Happy Birthday!" they all chorused, dropping everything that they were doing and rushing towards us.

"Thanks, everyone for coming," I said gratefully, Molly is the first to greet Hope by kissing her on the cheek.

"Seems only yesterday when we got the news, Remus," she sighed with a smile before wiping the corner of her eye with a tissue. "She's growing up so fast."

"Go on, open your presents, pup." Sirius encouraged, Remus set Hope down on the blanket that was stretched across the grass as she crawled over the big mountain of presents.

"Presents can wait, the birthday girl needs to start her day with a feast." I grinned.

After we all ate lunch together, Remus had conjured up a shower of silvery stars with his wand, along with thousands of golden confetti which floated above us, much to everyone's amusement, especially Hope's.