125| Two Unexpected Gifts

A/N: OK so this chapter was originally included in the previous one, but I decided to split it and leave a cliffhanger so I can at least get part one finished and published.

TW: FLUFF and HOPE SELENE LUPIN

The room fell silent. None of us spoke for a few moments while I gaped at the two in utter shock.

It was Ana who broke the uncomfortable silence, and said in a gentle voice, "I know, I know what you guys are thinking."

I looked over at Remus, who looked as shocked as I was, but he retained his usual calm and measured aura.

"I know- it happened earlier than expected and you're mad at us because we decided to announce this on Hope's birthday, and we're in the middle of a war but... when we found out... Sirius and I, we're as happy as any parent would react," she said timidly, looking at Sirius and us, her hands on her stomach with a small smile.

"Why wouldn't you be?" I breathed out. "I know... it-it's a lot to process and um- congratulations!"

I rushed forward to bring her into a tight hug and Sirius as well, who was laughing in both happiness and relief.

"Well done, Padfoot." Remus smiled, patting Sirius on the back, who gave him a breathless look.

It was probably the best news we had gotten in ages, it seemed like the happiness found its way back to my heart.

"WHO'S PREGNANT?!"

Fred and George peeped through the kitchen door, wide grins were evident on their surprised faces.

"Bloody hell- I thought you two already left!" Sirius said sharply.

"HA!" Fred boomed. "We stayed behind for snacks."

"And in case you forgot, we live in our own flat!" George smirked. "Anyways, did Remus knock you up again, Selene? How bloody hard is it for you two to use protection?"

"I'm not having this kind of conversation in my house," Remus muttered, blushing.

"No, I was the one who got knocked up." Ana blurted out, chuckling to herself and crossing her arms.

"BY REMUS?!" the twins yelled in unison.

"No! By Sirius!" she laughed loudly.

"Oh, thank God! I thought your husband already cheated on you." George let out a relieved sigh, patting my shoulder before I smacked him with a stern yet amused look.

The twins stayed for a few more minutes until they finally left, leaving the four of us to spend the night downstairs with more celebration.

"You heard that my love? You're going to be a big cousin!" Remus whispered giddily to Hope as he tickled her stomach.

"So, how are you feeling?" I asked Ana when she sat beside me around the fireplace.

"Good. I mean, aside from the morning sickness," she said with a small shrug. "I've been feeling off last month, so I knew something was up; then I went to visit a muggle doctor in London. Turns out... I was actually pregnant and now I'm two months."