54| Recruiting For the Order

A/N: my head is totally full rn, so please check the author notes at the bottom after reading (:

Within a day, Dumbledore had sent word, it all passed like a complete blur. We were all tasked with recruiting wizards and witches who were willing to be part of the Order and fight against Voldemort.

The Order was operating in extent secrecy, nobody even knew or heard that the organizations were being active again now that Voldemort had returned. Obviously, almost everybody did not believe that he had come back and they trusted the corrupt Ministry.

And the first thing Dumbledore had told us was our main priority:

To guard a prophecy in the Ministry and make sure nobody will lay their hands on it.

I did not know any further details about the prophecy, but we all knew one thing about it: It had something to do with Harry and Voldemort and Dumbledore wanted to make sure that it is guarded very well.

The recruitments were beginning right now. Many of the former and surviving members of the first Order rejoined.
And the first persons I contacted were my friends.

I approached Monica earlier this morning, but she told me that she still wasn't sure, but would love to. And she volunteered to help the Order if ever any of us need her help. And Monica had informed me that Luke had returned from South Korea to stay for a few months here in Britain.

Now was the perfect opportunity to ask him to join the Order.

It was around 4:00 in the afternoon when I left Grimmauld Place to head to Luke's home in central London. I stood on the doorstep of his house, knocking the door and waited patiently for the door to open and see Luke.

"OH SELENE, THANK MERLIN YOU WENT HERE!" Luke exclaimed, attacking me with a rib-cracking embrace before I could even mutter a 'hello', the strong force of his hug almost sent me tumbling down the steps of his house.

A smile was on my face, as my nose sniffed as his smell lounged on me — the smell of someone who's ridden in the back of the wind, and the familar, cozy smell of new parchment and the fragrant scent of his shampoo.

I never realized that I missed it terribly and brought a feeling of nostalgia to me.

"Come in." he said cheerily, stretching out his hand, signalling me to head in his house. There were lots of photographs placed on the walls of his house, photographs of his muggle family and photographs of us friends during our times in Hogwarts.

"When did you got more pale?" I asked teasingly. "Does that really happen in Korea?"

He laughed and shook his head.

"Just you here? Where's your mum and dad?" I asked.

"Oh, er ... they left a few hours ago, to a one-week trip in Sussex with my grandparents and aunt. Coffee?" said Luke, and grabbing a teacup and a kettle.