62| Night Talks

"Hey!" I said, snapping my finger in front of Sirius's face as he and Ana still looked at each other in an odd way

"Sorry, w-what was that?" Sirius huffed, snapping out of his thoughts as Ana looked away from him and helped Mrs. Weasley in the pantry.

"Nothing." I mumbled, and Sirius returned to his normal state but I still eyes him with suspicion.

I was beginning to think that Sirius was sort of – fancying Ana. I mean, by the way he looks at her after she joined the Order, sometimes they would look at

"Fred – George – NO, JUST CARRY THEM!" Mrs Weasley shrieked.

I looked up at the sound of Mrs. Weasley shrieking and saw that Harry, Sirius and Dung  had dived away from the table. Fred and George had bewitched a large cauldron of stew, an iron flagon of Butterbeer and a heavy wooden breadboard, complete with knife, to hurtle through the air towards them.

The stew skidded the length of the table and came to a halt just before the end, leaving a long black burn on the wooden surface; the flagon of Butterbeer fell with a crash, spilling its contents everywhere; the bread knife slipped off the board and landed, point down and quivering ominously, exactly where Sirius's right hand had been seconds before.

"FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!" Mrs. Weasley was screaming, her face turning red in fury at the twins. "THERE WAS NO NEED – I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS – JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!"

I looked at the twins with a bit of sympathy, and gritted my teeth. I had seen Mrs. Weasley furious many times before, but I wasn't still used to seeing her very angry whenever she reprimanded her children for doing unwanted things.

"We were just trying to save a bit of time!" said Fred, hurrying forward to wrench the bread knife out of the table. "Sorry, Sirius, mate – didn't mean to –"

Harry and Sirius were both laughing; and Ana was struggling to hide her laughter while she covered her mouth with her hand. And Dung was swearing as he got to his feet after toppling backwards off his chair. Crookshanks had given an angry hiss and shot off under the dresser, from where his large yellow eyes glowed in the darkness.

"Boys, your mother's right, you're supposed to show a sense of responsibility now you've come of age –" said Mr. Weasley seriously, lifting the stew back into the middle of the table.

"None of your brothers caused this sort of trouble!" Mrs Weasley yelled at Fred and George, slamming a fresh flagon of Butterbeer on to the table, and spilling almost as much again as we all flinched. "Bill didn't feel the need to Apparate every few feet! Charlie didn't charm everything he met! Percy –"

She stopped dead at the mention of Percy's name and looked at Mr. Weasley with a look of horror.

I looked at each of the Weasleys in sympathy. When the Order meeting started a few weeks ago, the kids had told me that Percy and Mr. Weasley had a huge fight regarding Fudge not believing Harry's claim that Voldemort had returned, and Percy supported the corrupt Ministry over his family and that he had told his father that had to struggle against his lousy reputation since he had started at the Ministry, that he had no ambition, and that was the reason the family was so poor. He also told his father that he was an idiot for believing Dumbledore.