106| Reunited

And at my statement, Charles grabbed to his chest with a pained groan

"Charles? A-are you alright?" I asked.

He let out a pained scream and I rushed to him in concern immediately as he grabbed his chest, as though he had been stabbed a thousand times.

Burning tears began falling past his eyes as he fell to the ground on his knees. Although my mind was panicking, I took hold of my wand and muttered all of the healing charms that I knew.

But none of them prevailed.

This couldn't possibly be a heart attack.

He collapsed on my arms, losing his consciousness. I was trembling in panic and I immediately conjured a Patronus to summon Sirius.

"P-pup- what's happened?" he questioned, rushing to Charles' side, a glimmer of worry was very apparent on his face as he inspected him.
"I-I don't know... his chest w-was in pain and then all of a sudden he collapsed." I explained through stutters.

"He's still breathing," I heard Sirius say, as he noticed Charles' quiet, yet troubled breathing. "We have to take him to St. Mungo's."

Scooping Charles to his arms rather quickly and grabbing my hand, we apparated outside St. Mungo's and we rushed through the door — completely disregarding the surprised and excited whispers of the receptionists as they saw Sirius.

"It's Sirius Black."

"Is he hurt, sir? Come with me."

"Oh, Blacks – oh dear God – Selene!"

Monica was running towards me, face pale and eyes wide in shock, her green Healer uniform making me blink to make sure it was her.

"P-please- he needs help –" I said, looking at her in desperation.

"Second floor, follow me – hurry!" she said, leading us towards the doors and flung them open, a flight of stairs awaited us. I couldn't run as fast as I had wished, causing me to fall behind Sirius as I grabbed my stomach.

We had reached the second floor soon enough –Monica quickly opened the doors of the first ward which was located along a long hallway.
A woman with grey who was wearing the same uniform as her, who was actually her mentor and one of the oldest healers to work here, immediately had Charles lay on the nearest hospital bed.

"You need to wait outside, ma'am. We'll inform you about his state after a few tests." she said to me, ushering both Sirius and me outside.

More than half an hour had passed, and we still waited outside. Sirius was pacing back and forth as I nervously waited in my seat, whilst I tried to not stress myself that much. And then, the healer and Monica both exited the room, looking for us almost immediately and both were talking to each other in urgent voices.