86| Congratulations, We're Engaged

We exited out of the theatre, hand in hand, people that were watching when Remus had proposed kept congratulating the two of us with warm smiles

"Damn." I muttered to myself in complete disbelief, my eyes still glued to the sapphire on my left ring finger.

I kept telling myself that this probably wasn't real. And I was just dreaming.

But it surely wasn't.

I was finally engaged to the love of my life. I was going to be his wife.

Mr and Mrs. Lupin.

Sounds perfectly right to me.

"Future Mrs. Lupin." he whispered, I couldn't help but smile and blush again. He took my left hand and kissed the ring.

"I know it isn't new and modern," he sighed. "But mother gave me this before she passed, and hoped I'd give it to the woman of my dreams."

"No, no, no I don't really mind," I beamed. "It's stunning, I love it."

"Excuse me, sir?"

Our heads looked over our shoulders in unison, a man, probably around his late 20s or early 30s with curly soft brown hair, a defined face and pointy nose was standing behind us awkwardly. His eyes were about the same shade of grey like Sirius's, but one of them was all white and was blind.

"I-I- was one of the people at the front- and I've never seen a romantic gesture like that," he chuckled. "But er - I took a quick snap of the two of you- might be used for remembrance."

His hand reached for the pocket of his jeans, and handed Remus the photograph of us, arms around each other.

"This is beautiful, thank you." Remus muttered kindly as the man smiled bashfully and shook his hand. He looked at me for a moment, and smiled sadly at me (I was the only one who probably noticed), but the way he looked at me was soft of familiar.

But I assured myself I was mental.

"Good day," he cleared his throat with a now soft smile. "And congratulations."

"It's a good thing we have something to rub at Sirius's nose when we get back." Remus laughed, my arm wrapped around his, and my head now resting on his shoulder as we walked down the street.

"I love you." I whispered to him happily.

He smiled, his hand squeezing my left hand and kissed my forehead.

"I love you more."

"Please don't tell me you had a party planned for me when we get inside?" I groaned as we entered the dusty and dark threshold.

"Oh you'll see." he chuckled, dragging me giddily along the hallway.

"There is," I guessed, exasperation. "You know why can't we just celebrate our engagement privately? Like, in bed."