114| Dumbledore's Downfall

A/N : BEAR WITH ME PEEPS, I should've thought of a better title. This is the 2nd to the last chapter until we arrive at Deathly Hallows *sheds tear*

Have fun with this VERY long chapter ifykyk ;)

As it seemed, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wasn't meant to remain in peace, as many feared

As it seemed, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry wasn't meant to remain in peace, as many feared. On one occasion, Sirius had heard that Harry had received a box of chocolates from a girl named Romilda Vane. Although Hermione had warned him that she was planning on slipping him some Love Potion, an oblivious Ron found all the chocolates and ate them all, finding himself madly in love with a girl he barely knew.

And the two boys hoped that Horace Slughorn (who was the current and my former Potions teacher) could brew an antidote to cure Ron of his confounded state. He managed to save him, but the young Weasley got poisoned by a fatal and strong poison after offering him and Harry a drink. But he was luckily saved by the latter.

But despite all the mishaps happening, love and happiness were always found in the darkest of moments. After winning the Quidditch House Cup, Harry and Ginny became a couple, news that all of us were so rejoiced to hear. Sirius broke into emotional hysterics, saying that the new couple greatly reminded him of Harry's parents. Even Hermione and Ron had gone back to being friends after a certain problem.

The school year was nearing its end, which also meant that the students were also preparing for their examinations.

Three months after Hope was born, I returned to my Auror training and was to graduate by the second week of July to become an official one.

For a moment, everything seemed to be perfect despite we were still in the midst of the war.

That was until the thirtieth of June.

Members of the Order we're assigned to patrol a different part of the castle. Mcgonagall and Flitwick had gone off toward the dungeons, Bill to the direction of the Astronomy Tower, and Tonks and Remus were assigned together.

Both Sirius and I were leaving for the west side of the school, watching the empty and quiet corridors, as the students had returned to their respective common rooms, our wands gripped tightly in our hands.

"You look different." I commented, glancing sideways at a yawning Sirius, who burst into laughter.

"What? Older for my age? Or more handsome?"
he said teasingly, smoothing his hair like a
handsome celebrity, I chuckled and nudged his shoulder playfully.

"Come on, spill the beans, what's the secret to looking handsome and young?" I smirked, clutching my leather jacket tighter to my body.

He grinned. "My secret to staying young? Starts with the letter s and ends with the letter x –"

"OK! Shut up!" I exclaimed in disgust, flinging my arms up in the air and he laughed again.

"As if you and Moony didn't do that one October night in his cottage, New Year of '96, your wedding night, and your honeymoon!" Sirius said sarcastically, my whole face turning scarlet.