115| Until The End

A/N : A bit short, but last of Half-Blood Prince.
Enjoy!

After Dumbledore's death, all lessons were suspended and all the exams were postponed

After Dumbledore's death, all lessons were suspended and all the exams were postponed. Some students were even hurried away from Hogwarts by their parents by the next couple of days.

Many wizards and witches from around the world had come to pay their last respects to the fallen wizard. Some even had a hard time booking a room in Hogsmeade's inns as they were all full.

The Ministry had sent out Aurors to look for Snape. But there was no sign of him. Not even Malfoy or any other Death Eater.

They were all gone.

"You sure you want to bring Hope to Hogwarts?" Remus asked me the day of Dumbledore's funeral.

"She just can't stay here and the Burrow forever," I laughed a bit, buttoning up the black dress I would wear for the funeral. "And admit it, you want her to go as well."

"I'm not saying I don't want her to stay here all the time, it's just... with Dumbledore gone, and the world's becoming more dangerous there." he made one last effort to change my mind, but I wouldn't have it.

"She'll be fine," I reassured him, patting his shoulder and picking up a giggling Hope from her crib. "Such a protective Daddy you've got, hmm? You know, you may be a baby but who says you can't go to Hogwarts?"

I kissed her cheek, making her smile and resting her head on my shoulder whilst her fingers played with the fabric of my dress.

With a defeated sigh, he moved forward, his lips now bearing a smile, and looked at Hope giddily.

"I believe... this is yours." he fiddled with his pocket and revealed Hope's wolf toy, she squealed and reached for it. It was another thing aside from Remus that brought her comfort during the night, that she wouldn't let go of.

He stuck out his hands and scooped her into his arms, kissing the side of her head gently.
"Come on, say Moony," he said encouragingly, Hope's attention on the toy. He repeated it, a bit slower so she can mimic it.

She managed to let out an 'mm', causing both of us to chuckle and he tickled her sides playfully.

"Rem?" I chuckled, sending them a little smile, stepping into the fireplace. "We have a funeral to attend, you know?"

We didn't want to risk Hope's safety so we used Floo Powder instead of Apparition.

When we reached Hogwarts, we headed towards the lake, where the funeral was taking place. There were hundreds of chairs set out in long rows. An aisle ran down the center of them, and a marble table stood at the front, the chairs facing it.

The beautiful, sunny weather did not fit the atmosphere at all.

"There's Padfoot," Remus said, looking into the distance.