102| Remus' Babies

A/N : Lots and lots of fluff are in the way, so brace yourselves.

That's my little rant for today, enjoy x

"I'll see you later evening. The meeting will be long, unfortunately." Remus whispered, kissing my forehead and pulling on his tattered, old robes that I helped him place properly.

"It's alright." I smiled at him, quickly taming the strands of his hair that were sticking out quite messily. "Mad-Eye agreed to excuse Padfoot and Ana for a day. They'll be here in a few minutes."

"Are you sure you'll be fine? And our baby –"

"Shut up, Rem!" I giggled, cupping his cheeks and kissed his warm, familiar lips to calm him down. "I am perfectly cable of looking after myself. And our daughter."

We both smiled. I was still not over the fact that our baby was a girl, and I kept repeating it to myself to remind me that it wasn't a dream.

"Alright," he finally calmed down, touching both of my hands. "I better get going. I love you both."

"And we love you." I said to his ear, our lips meeting again. He touched my cheek, before disapparating through Floo Powder.

With a sigh, I immediately went to the kitchen to prepare lunch for my brother and Ana. To my surprise, they hadn't arrived yet at the time they had promised to come. So I waited at the kitchen table, expecting them to burst the door open at any moment.

But they didn't.

"Oh, I think Uncle Padfoot and Auntie Annie are enjoying themselves, for now, sweet girl." I grinned, looking at my stomach.

The bump was now getting bigger as compared to last weeks, like what I read in the baby book. Remus hadn't noticed yet, and I had decided to surprise him later evening. I kept laughing to myself how come he hasn't seen it even though it was quite visible to me.

Sitting on the rocking chair in the large sunroom, I summoned a book in my hand while I waited for them to arrive.

Little Women

I smiled, looking at the book's cover, and glanced down at my stomach once more, a hand placed on it.

"You know, your Daddy used to read this to me before we had you. And soon, I'll read this to you when you come out of my tummy." I whispered, flipping the book open and beginning to read to her.

The sound of my whispers and little giggles mixing with each other in the room. I had read that the baby would start kicking in a few more weeks. But I was already excited and longed to feel her little kicks. But I had to wait.

Around the 3rd or 4th chapter, I dozed off, nausea kicking in again.

When I woke up an hour later, I was assuming to be alone.