52| News

It had been several days since the last task of the Triwizard Tournament; and Cedric's Diggory's murder

It had been several days since the last task of the Triwizard Tournament; and Cedric's Diggory's murder. Dumbledore had instructed Sirius to 'lie low' at Remus Lupin's house, and he did just that. We wrote to each other frequently, even several times a day.

The day after the third task, I continued on my training. And ever since the event, the Ministry was becoming more paranoid than ever.

The incident was a major topic of gossip in the Ministry. And Rita Skeeter had written another of her infamous articles, but this time, she had discredited Harry, which became the basis leading to many including the Minister himself to not believe that Voldemort had really returned.

And it produced a campaign against Harry's 'false claims'.

Fudge was afraid that Dumbledore might take over his position as Minister for Magic, and his trust with the elderly wizard was gone. He refused to believe that Voldemort had returned.

The whole Ministry had went against Harry. Not one of them believed Harry. However, there were a few Ministry officials that truly believed that Harry was telling the truth.

That included myself, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Mad-Eye (who was succesfully healed in Hogwarts after Barty Crouch Jr had captured him and returned to work in the Ministry) a few other Aurors, and a few more.

I was sitted on the sole chair of the Auror training room as Mad-Eye was busy teaching me a lesson in Stealth and Tracking.

But my mind was a million miles away, I wasn't paying attention to Mad-Eye's lecture at all. I looked as though I was listening but I really wasn't, my hand was loosely holding a quill as I sat there staring a the wall with a blank expression on my face.

My feet were not moving.

My mind was only thinking of one thing.

Voldemort.

He was back.

The wizard that killed thousands, that had the good people go to the dark side and rally around the streets. And killed people just to follow his orders. Voldemort murdered innocent people and brought destruction on both the Wizarding World and the Muggle World.

The wizard that was behind the death of my brother. The wizard behind the attack of Neville Longbottom's parents, Alice and Frank, that driven them into insanity.
The wizard who divided the Marauders.

And the wizard who murdered Harry's parents when he was just a baby.

He wasn't really the murderer of every person, but he was the reason why they were murdered. Too soon.