63| Affirmations

Mrs Weasley kept the kids working very hard over the next few days following Harry's arrival here in Number 12, Grimmauld Place

Mrs Weasley kept the kids working very hard over the next few days following Harry's arrival here in Number 12, Grimmauld Place. The drawing room took three days to decontaminate.

Finally, the only undesirable things left in it were the tapestry of the Black family tree, which resisted all their attempts to remove it from the wall. Although I kept insisting that it was permanently sticked to the wall and therefore could never be removed.

Another thing was rattling writing desk. Mad-Eye had not dropped by Headquarters yet, so most of the Order didn't know what was inside it.

But little did they know it was a Boggart.

Yes. A Boggart.

I have had a few encounters with it ever since I was a child. So, the rattling sounds coming from the desk did not bother me at all.

We moved from the drawing room to the dining room on the ground floor where they found spiders as large as saucers lurking in the dresser.

Ron screamed from the top of his lungs left the room hurriedly to make a cup of tea and we all had to convince him to return half an hour later.

Sirius and I had the china (which bore the Black crest and motto) thrown into a sack, and the same fate met a set of old photographs in tarnished silver frames, all of whose occupants squealed shrilly as the glass covering them smashed.

Kreacher kept appearing wherever all of us were gathered, his muttering becoming more and more offensive as he attempted to remove anything he could from the rubbish sacks. And it even got to the point where Sirius threatened Kreacher.

My Auror training which was temporarily halted due to the numerous Order missions, continued two days ago much to Sirius's chagrin (as he called it a complete waste of brother-sister bonding). This time, the training became more and more arduous. I met new Aurors, and my mentors increased, adding the risk in the training.

The doorbell kept ringing several times a day, the perfect cue for Mother to shriek; either new recruitments for the Order or visitors, and the kids continued to eavesdrop on us. Sometimes, however, the visitors stayed to help. Tonks joined us for the afternoon in which we found a murderous old ghoul lurking in the toilet upstairs. Remus, stayed in the house with me and Sirius but left for long periods of time to do mysterious work for the Order or during the full moon.

August 12 was the date for Harry's hearing in the Ministry, regarding the Dementor incident in Little Whinging and Mr. Weasley was to accompany him there. The poor lad was getting more and more nervous as the hearing drew near, afraid that he will surely be expelled and will probably have to spend the rest of his life with his horrible muggle relatives. But most of us reassured him repeatedly that he won't be expelled.

The hearing flew by quickly than we had all expected. I woke up earlier than usual at half past five. When I had arrived at the kitchen, I did not fully expect to see Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius Tonks and Remus wide awake, fully dressed (except for Mrs. Weasley) and sitted by the table.