37| Revelations

I almost burst into tears of joy as I saw my brother and Remus hug for the first time in almost thirteen years

I almost burst into tears of joy as I saw my brother and Remus hug for the first time in almost thirteen years. I knew, just by looking at Remus's face and sweet smile as he hugged Sirius, all the pain, grudges, trials, agony and loneliness have been washed away by none other than –

Forgiveness.

But the lovely moment did not last long.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione screamed all of a sudden, breaking the heartfelt reunion.

Remus and Sirius immediately pulled apart from their brotherly embrace and he turned to Hermione. She had raised herself off the floor, and was pointing at him, wild-eyed. "You – you –"

"Hermione –" Remus tried to explain.

"– you and him!"

"Hermione, calm down –"

"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione hissed, her voice trembling. "I've been covering up for you –"

"Hermione!" I almost yelled from the top of my lungs, before Remus could even say a word to Hermione. "Please, it's not what you think! Let us explain! Harry, Ron listen!"

But Harry and Ron did not listen at all. They refused to speak and when I tried to even hold their hands to implore them to listen to me they quickly escaped the tight clutch of my trembling hand.

But Harry was the one who was shaking the most. He wasn't shaking not because he was scared. He was shaking because be was infuriated with me.

"Hermione, Harry – please let me —" Remus implored, walking towards her, and stood beside me, his hand holding mine.

"I trusted you! And all the time you've been his friend!" Harry shouted, his voice slightly croaking and was faltering out of control; anger burning in his face.

"You're wrong," Remus said. "I haven't been Sirius' friend for twelve years, but I am now ... let me explain ..."

"NO!" Hermione screamed, "Harry, don't trust him, he's been helping Black get into the castle, he wants you dead too – he's a werewolf!"

A deafening silence erupted the whole shack. Nobody dared to speak. Or even utter a single word. Everyone's eyes were now pressed on Remus. I looked at him worriedly, pulling him closer to me. But he looked remained unexpectedly calm, but still a glimmer of shock was visible on his pale face.

"Remus. Ignore them. Let's get out of here." I croaked, seizing the sleeves of his woolly jumper as his green eyes were now pressed on mine. He didn't speak at all, but instead looked at me, his face still pale. For he knew that his secret on his condition, was now known other than me, Monica, the other Marauders and the teachers.