20| Tighter Security

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A very loud scream jolted me from my deep sleep, I leaped from my bed, completely awaken by the strange sound as I browsed the room with my tired eyes. I saw light movements beside me, and saw that Monica too was awake.

"What was that noise?" she asked, fixing her hair as she stood from her bed and lighted the lamp on her nightstand.
"I have no idea." I said, my eyebrows scrunched together.

The two of us traded shaken looks and decided to go out of our room to inspect what was wrong. The common room was illuminated by the flicker of the dying fire in the fireplace, and it was untidy from the mess we made during the party. It looked as though a swarm of Cornish Pixies had invaded the room.

"Who shouted?"
"What're you doing?"

Those were the questions that filled the common room as the commotion continued. The other girls had descended from upstairs looking sleepy, as well as the boys.

"Guess I wasn't dreaming." I heard Luke yawning, buttoning the first button of his pajamas.
"You guys heard that scream too?" Ollie asked, approaching me and Monica as the latter nodded in response.

As we got closer, we all realized that the scream belonged to Ron. He was looking so frantic and was being questioned by Harry and his other friends. "Excellent, are we carrying on?" said Fred, who was beaming. Monica gave him a glare, which probably meant 'no you idiot'.

"No, Fred." I said.

Percy then appeared from his common room, and was fastening his Head Boy badge to his pajamas and told everyone to head back upstairs, but his request was ignored.

"Sirius Black! In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!" whispered Ron.
The common room went very still, shaken chatter began to arise, and some of the Gryffindors had begun to look at me with judgemental looks, but Monica moved forward, defending me. "Nonsense!" said Percy, but he was beginning to look startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron – had a nightmare –"

But Ron kept on insisting that he did see Sirius and he entered their dormitory. Then, a startling sound came from the portrait and we all looked around, only to find Mcgonagall entering the common room, looking very furious. "I certainly didn't authorise this, Professor!' Percy huffed. "I was just telling them all to get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare –"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have got through the portrait hole?" Mcgonagall said suspiciously.
"Ask him!" said a very shaken Ron, pointing his finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw –" Mcgonagall went outside as we all listened attentively.