126| It's Happening

The months passed like wildfire

The months passed like wildfire. If the whole Wizarding World thought that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were probably dead by now, then they were clearly wrong.

After nearly a year of their disappearance, the news reached that they had appeared at Bill and Fleur's home.

Sirius wasted no time in Apparating into their cottage, to reunite with his godson after many months, and announcing the news of Ana's pregnancy with their twins.

Regarding Regulus' "death", he was beginning to heal bit by bit, although some tears were shed during the nights.

Much more protective charms and enchantments were placed on the house, along with baby gates, and injury-proof stoppers now that Hope was beginning to walk around the house as though she were a fully-grown adult.

"Mumma," Hope tugged the bottom hem of my nightgown one morning as her other hand held her stuffed toy. "Daddy?"

Hope uttered her second word a few weeks after her birthday, which was 'Mumma'.

It was two days after the full moon, and Remus still hadn't recovered from his injuries and was confined to bed.

Hope missed him badly.

She gave me a pleading look that almost broke me, she hadn't seen him since that night and she kept asking me when he was coming back.

"No, Hope," I sighed softly, placing the boiling kettle on the counter and looking down at her. "Daddy is really sick, he still needs to rest. You and I can play Moony together instead, is that OK?"

The hopeful smile on her lips disappeared and was replaced with a sad frown, before letting out a small whine.

"She needs her Dad, Selene," Sirius' voice rang low and calm from the doorway. "She hasn't seen him for three whole days straight, of course, she'd get bloody frustrated."

I folded my arms and attempted to protest, but I was interrupted when he spoke.

"I know. I know what you're thinking, and I completely understand that you don't want her seeing Remus all hurt, but she misses him, imagine being in her shoes. Wouldn't you want to see him as well?"

He had a point. Maybe I should stop what I was doing and listen to what he was saying, and Hope as well.

Biting my lower lip and sighing guiltily, I knelt so I can reach her small height.

"Fine, you can go see Daddy. Just be extra quiet and careful so he won't get hurt, promise?" I asked.

Hope's face glew almost immediately. A small squeal escaped her lips and she leaned over to place a big kiss on my cheek, which made me chuckle at her adorable childish manner.

"Good girl. Go on, wake him up for breakfast. Ask Uncle Padfoot for help."

She turned to Sirius excitedly, unable to control her giggles as he picked her up and proceeded upstairs.