30| Regrets

I stood outside Remus's office, shortly after the fight we've had

I stood outside Remus's office, shortly after the fight we've had. I clutched my hand into my trembling lips as I sobbed quietly, letting the tears in my eyes stream past my face.

I made my way to the Gryffindor common room, luckily nobody was inside. Nobody who would see the mess I currently was. Nobody would bombard me with questions asking me what had happened and if I was alright or not. Because I would obviously say no.

"Selene?"

Monica had just entered the common room. I did not dare to turn around, I didn't want to let her see the pain in my face. She slowly approached me, her hand on my shoulder as she began to wipe my tears.

"What happened?" she asked, her face and voice full of worry.

"It-its Remus. We got into a fight." I said quietly.

"Tell me everything." Monica mumbled, leading the two of us to our dormitory as she shut the door and locked it.

I told her everything. Our fight. The reason behind our fight and the reason why Remus had been acting odd this morning lately. But most importantly, my encounter with Sirius. I wanted to keep my friendship with my brother a secret from Monica as possible, but I couldn't stand keeping too much secrets away from her.

It hurt me keeping secrets from all the people I cared about.

Our conversation ended with Monica putting her hand on her forehead as she walked around our dormitory, jaw dropped as she tried to process everything I said to her. I sat there on my bed, unsure what to do as I bit my lip nervously.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Monica asked worriedly.

"B-because, I d-didn't want to hurt you! I thought keeping my friendship with my brother by myself would keep you safe! But I was wrong!" I said, stuttering.

"Well, you were wrong, Selene! You could've been killed!" Monica shrieked.
"Sirius is a good person, and he's my brother. He would never hurt me." I said, my voice trembling.

"He does sounds like a good person, but please Selene, limit your visits with him. I just want you to be safe." Monica implored as I nodded my head in silence.

My mind was completely empty. Limit my visits with my brother? That seemed impossible for me, I love him, and he loves me. He was such a sweet and gentle person, the opposite of what everybody thought about him. This school year was my best chance to bond with Sirius as much as possible, I've dreamed of this moment for many years ever since I was small.

And now, fate seemed to have finally answer my wishes.

I knew it was going to be hard. Not seeing Sirius as regularly, but I knew this was for my own sake, the whole school's sake. Even though it hurt.

And Remus.

It was the first time in history we fought, I never dared to imagine that and never hoped that it will happen. But it did.