27| A Change of Patronus

"Oh, how come I didn't notice this before? I really am that stupid

"Oh, how come I didn't notice this before? I really am that stupid." Luke asked, bewildered as he skimmed through the pages of his textbook in Defence Against the Dark Arts while the four of us studied.

"What is it?" Ollie asked curiously.

Luke flipped back the page the he was reading and gestured for Ollie, me and Monica to take a look to what he was reading.

The form of a Patronus may change during the course of a witch or wizard's life. Instances have been known of the form of the Patronus transforming due to bereavement or profound shifts in a person's character.

"So, does it mean that your Patronus can change there's a drastic change in a person?" Ollie asked, as Luke nodded his head in agreement.

"That's not the only reason you know." Monica said all of a sudden, then pointed her finger into another sentence of the page.

My eyes bulged in wonder and surprise and I bit my lip as my eyes glid through the additional information that was written at the bottom part of the page.

Another instance of the Patronus form transforming is when a wizard or witch cultivates strong feelings of attachment, usually towards another person. Or in other words, if one falls in love with another.

We all glimpsed at each other in surprise. The four of us didn't know what to say. Monica then said all of a sudden that her patronus had changed from an elephant to a panda, the same patronus as Luke, much to his happiness.

They were in love.

In love.

I kept asking myself what was the definition of love.

The strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties.

I hadn't been able produced a patronus for a long time. Months to be exact. The last time I did, was September. I was already infatuated with Remus at that point, but not fully in love. It was not until November to December when I did have strong feelings for him. When we did profess our love.

I remembered that my patronus was a huge, black dog.

But I kept thinking, was it possible that my patronus will change to whatever Remus's patronus form is?

I didn't know. But at least, I just had to give it a shot.

~oOo~

I spent the following afternoon during my free time trying to conjure a Patronus in the Room of Requirement. But I couldn't. I tried to focus. I tried to recall the lesson that Remus had taught during our first day in Defence Against the Dark Arts. Proper wand movement, a loud and clear voice. And the proper incantation.

"Expecto Patronum!" I exclaimed.

No Patronus.