Seraphic Truths (I)

If the world was upside down, and seas washed upon the heavens,

Sand became stardust, forests danced like Northern Lights,

And we were swimming through the Milky Way,

One thing I know:

No matter how the universe shifts,

I'll still be holding you.
_____________________

I wore a turtleneck just to piss Livius off.

Goddess, I wish I had taken a picture of the appalled look on his face to which I had responded with a simple question. "You're always telling me to bundle up, no?"

He had simply glowered at me before I'd decided to put him out of his misery and switch into something less confining.

Of course, the decision to show off my mark, however, came with its own consequences...

My adoptive mother, for example, looked as though she wanted to strangle me. I knew she barely trusted Livius, knew that she was uncertain about our relationship, even if Livius and I were mates. She didn't know if we were ready for anything more.

Sebastian, on the contrary, was elated. He said, and I quote, "Fuck, I can't wait for the fire-breathing Alpha demons to arrive. I promise to be the best Godfather in existence."

Who on Earth had named him Godfather, I have no idea.

Later, as an afterthought, he had peered down at me with a scowl and added, "But then again, it would really fuckin suck to be your daughter, Alexandria. You're so pretty, it'd make anyone insecure."

Elias, who was leaning against the far wall of the living room snorted and muttered, "Good thing she'll have such an ugly godfather to even out the balance."

I had laughed way too hard at that. And Sebastian's glare had only made it funnier.

Still, it was odd bearing Livius' mark. Nothing had changed, and yet there was a slight shift in my surroundings. In the way pack members living in the castle now fully stopped to dip their heads in respect. It was as though this was the final confirmation they needed to conclude that I wasn't going to suddenly disappear, that I truly was Queen, even if I hadn't been crowned yet.

But it was Victoria's reaction that had caught me off guard.

The girl had simply smiled, calm and unbothered. There was no scorn, or malevolence in her gaze. She was so at ease it was almost unnerving. Instead, she'd taken my hand, her eyes practically glittering with something akin to joy, and mumbled her congratulations as she peered down at the healing mark.

"Your ex is freaking me out."

Livius glanced up from his work, his brows furrowed as his eyes met my own. A moment later, he was shifting his gaze back to his papers. "I don't have an ex."

I rolled my eyes before swiveling in his chair to throw my feet up on his desk. He noted the movement and brought his cool gaze back to me. "More importantly, why are you in my chair?"

"Because I want to be."

He arched a brow, those pale eyes twinkling in a way that made me narrow my own, and when he moved to undoubtedly make some suggestive remark, I cut him off. "Whatever it is you're thinking, I don't want to hear it."

Livius' lips curled to the side, and I will admit my heart skipped a beat at the sight. My fingers gripped the armrests when he stood, that same expression lingering along his features as he sauntered over to his desk.