Conciliation

"We rode the storm,

borrowing thunder for our heartbeats and lightning for our kisses,

changing cloaks of blue and gold,

and shedding the earthly wings that we were given as false promises from the heavens."
_______________________

Stepping towards my bedroom, I turned to Damien as I reached for the door handle, eyes drifting up to meet his gaze.

"You sure you don't want to come down?" he inquired, once again offering to take me to the pack dinner, and I mutely shook my head.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair, "I'll ask Maria to bring you dinner then."

"Not hungry."

He shot me a pointed look, "Alright Alexandria, this isn't some 'beauty and the beast' type shit. You can still have dinner without coming down to eat with the big bad wolf," Damien muttered.

I chuckled at his statement, shaking my head as the amusement died away as fast as it came.

"Y'know he can't ignore you forever, right?" he added after a few moments, and I simply shrugged.

"True," I murmured.

"Can I give you my opinion without getting my head burned off?" he asked jokingly, and I let out a small laugh before nodding.

"And I'm saying this with the most respect to His Majesty as possible," he began, clearing his throat as I quirked a brow.

"I feel like he's overreacting."

I scoffed at his words, smiling bitterly as he shot me a confused look, "If it was only about what happened at the mall, then yes, perhaps he is, but it's so much more than that Damien."

"This has to do with every stupid thing I've done since we met," I continued, "There was the time I ran away after meeting him, the time I argued with him on the plane, the time I fought him in the training fields, the time I practically gave every wolf here a heart attack when I ran away for a concert, and now this. I think he's done with me in general," I chuckled drily.

"He can't be 'done with you' Alexandria, I don't think it works that way," Damien stated, shaking his head.

"He's a busy guy, Damien. He runs an entire kingdom that stretches across the planet, and after that he has a multi-billion dollar company to deal with, and now there's me. This annoying little secretive gremlin who tumbled into his life," I mumbled, rubbing my temple and glaring up at my bodyguard as he laughed at the string of insults I had just directed to myself.

"I'm sorry," he breathed between chuckles, and I crossed my arms as I looked away, his smile contagious.

"Did you just call yourself a gremlin?" he questioned, still attempting to hold back his laughter.

I pouted, "stop laughing at me, Damien, this is serious."

"Okay okay," he said, waving his hands in resignation, "all jokes aside, I promise you Alexandria, he is most definitely not 'done with you'. You two just met like a month ago, and if you ask me, this is the most important part of any relationship. Because you're actually getting to know each other. Of course there are going to be secrets, and he has some too, but you're just the idiot who's doing a shit job at hiding them," he shrugged, and I scowled.

"I should've just told him," I groaned, running a hand through my hair.

"He's extremely good at holding grudges, but probably not with you," the wolf chuckled, shaking his head,"He'll talk to you, just give it time," he reassured after watching me hesitantly bite my lip.