Consolation

Little do you know
How I'm breaking while you fall asleep.

Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories.

Little do you know
I'm tryna pick myself up piece by piece.

Little do you know
I need a little more time.
________________________

A few minutes after Maria left, I got up and began pacing around the room, my thoughts scattered as I attempted to think of what to say, what to tell him.

How could I possibly explain what happened? Knowing Livius he'd probably put it together himself, but what if he didn't? I couldn't remain silent.

I had to tell him.

Even if I didn't want to.

If that's how Zander treated the Alpha King's mate, then how would he treat any other she-wolf. If he was capable, in his right mind, to touch a she-wolf like that then he should not be given any position or status.

Why should his disrespect be rewarded?

I growled in frustration.

He wasn't leaving this castle as an Alpha, that was for sure.

I wouldn't allow it.

I blinked down at my bruised wrists, they were turning an ugly reddish purple, and even moving my hands hurt a little.

Staring down at them for a few moments, I decided to head into the closet and change my clothes. My mate would be here any second, I couldn't have him seeing my wrists and immediately getting lost in a fit of rage.

Slipping on a black crop top, and denim shorts, I quickly braided my hair into two cornrows, before looking back at my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes were red, after crying all night, and my lips were pulled into a frown as I stared at myself.

Am I showing too much skin?

I was usually comfortable wearing stuff like this, but now...

I quickly shook my head.

I was wearing a hoodie and leggings yesterday, and he still touched me.

It's never about the clothes.

I could walk out there in absolutely anything, and what happens to me is completely dependent on what kind of people I meet.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door shut, my heart sinking as I peeked out of the closet, only to meet the eyes of my mate.

He was standing in the middle of the room, dressed in a black suit as per usual, striking blue eyes soft, and form completely relaxed.