Training

"The sun watches what I do but the moon knows all my secrets."
_________________________

"I told you Damien, I'm not training you," I huffed, turning away from him as I pinned down the last loose tendril of my hair.

I had just finished eating breakfast, and almost immediately after Maria's departure, Damien had strode in with his strange requests.

"Come on Alexandria, you know you're free almost everyday anyway, so why not?" he urged, but I simply shook my head.

Turning to him, I met his gaze, "first of all, Livius would never allow it," I murmured raising one finger, "and second of all, I simply don't want to," I shrugged.

He groaned, "why're you so mean?"

"I'm not mean, Damien, it's just that training a wolf is too much of a hassle, and besides don't you have the Master of arms, the Delta, and on occasion, the Beta training you? Isn't that enough?" I questioned.

"You're stronger than them."

I placed a hand over my heart, smiling up at him, "aw, thank you," I whispered happily, before allowing my face to fall again, "but no."

He growled in frustration.

"I have to go meet Livius," I mumbled, fixing the top of my hair as I turned my head to look at both sides of my face, before fully standing up, and heading towards the door.

"Are you sure you don't want to train with me?" he questioned as we began walking down the hallway towards my mates office.

"Definitely," I beamed, turning to glance at him before skipping back down the hallway, a spring in my step.

"You really are cruel."

"I'm not obligated to train you, Damien."

"I'm your bodyguard."

"All the more reason for me not to train you."

"Be nice to me."

"I am nice to you," I smirked, turning back to him.

He cleared his throat, "You have to at least give me credit for setting aside my pride, and asking you in the first place."

I slowed down to walk beside him, "Why are you asking me though?" I whined.

"I already answered that."

Groaning in response, I crossed my arms, suddenly serious as I met his gaze, "And what happens afterwards? What happens if you get too cocky? With strength comes arrogance Damien, and I know first hand how wolves act when given too much power."

He blinked down at me, eyes narrowing as he noticed my comparison, "I am not like other wolves, Alexandria."

"And how would I know that?" I questioned, raising my chin.

"Because my loyalty is not artificial, nor can it be swayed. I am devoted to the crown, and I'm more than willing to sacrifice my life for my King and Queen. My job is to protect you, and that cannot, and will not change, regardless of how much strength I may acquire. It will only ever be used to serve His Majesty," the wolf proclaimed, and I paused at his words, searching his unwavering gaze.

"Fine," I began slowly, after a few moments of silence,"I'll train you."

"But," I continued, his face falling as he realized there was a catch, "I have a few... necessary materials."

His eyes filled with confusion as he spoke up, "What are they?"

"Swords," I stated simply, his jaw dropping as he heard me.