Mild Vexation

And I will scream and shout for what I love,
Passionate, but I don't give no fucks.

I'll admit that I'm a lil' messed up,
But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up.

I'm obsessive and I love too hard,
Good at overthinking with my heart,
How do you think it got this far?

Cause I can be needy, way too damn needy,
I know it feels so good to be needed.
_________________________

What goes around comes around.

If there's one saying that pisses me off. It's that one. Only because of how often people use it in their arguments because it sounds cool. To this day I wonder who the fuck said it first, because I have a bone to pick with that dumbass.

The fact is that the most deserving people always evade getting what they deserve, and as a law student in the United States, I know this.

The people that are truly meant to pay for what they've done are always the ones who breeze through life without a scratch.

The world is unfair that way.

Meanwhile, innocents sin and repent, and the same shit still keeps coming back around. And it's in that moment that you begin wondering, why the fuck is the universe being such a bitch towards me? I mean, you've got evil people walking away from murder charges, and the gods still turn a blind eye.

While the guilty politicians, and influential citizens drown in their mountain of wealth without ever having to worry about all that karma bullshit, us pedestrians have to struggle with literally everything.

It's thoughts like these that make me truly believe how shitty this planet is, because what goes around never fuckin comes around for the right people.

It never happens to that corrupt cop, or that uncaring lawmaker, or that wealthy businessman who built his empire by paying innocent people the minimum wage.

Instead, the ones who've done nothing wrong, the ones who simply want to live peaceful, stable lives, are the ones who have to continuously experience the same crap.

Karma isn't real if you're rich and comfortable. It only works if you have too much to lose, and no one to stop it from being taken away from you.

So why the fuck did the moon goddess create it if it only burdens the good people?

I've been a model human all my life. I'd always lend an ear whenever anyone needed one. I never talked about someone behind their back, or simply judged anyone based off of rumors. I've never deliberately tried to hurt someone physically or emotionally. I even used to pay my respect to dead strangers I hadn't even known by placing flowers over their graves on the first Sunday of every month.

Those were all good deeds, right?

So can someone tell me why the Moon Goddess, and all the other deities sitting up there keep screwing me over? Why don't they go mess up the lives of the people who don't deserve the shit they have, and just leave me the fuck alone?

It feels like the only thing that goes around and comes back is my bad luck. Everytime I've got something good going for me it has to be fuckin ruined by something, whether it be the damn werewolf king killing my family, or a popular transfer student seducing my boyfriend into cheating on me. And right when I thought my streak of bad luck was over, here I am again.

Another useless worm coming to take away everything I loved.

Victoria, aka Cruella, hated me for being a fae, and to be honest, I'm not even surprised. Livius and I pretended not to notice it, but we both knew there were plenty of pack wolves who didn't approve of me. I didn't miss the fleeting glares, and angry scowls, and I knew my mate didn't either. But what could we do?