Last Moments

"I'm part of your world,

But I cannot have you, cause I am deserted,

And you are too deep,

I cannot love you,

Without losing me."
______________________

I had to leave here. He'd find out who I was eventually, and I'd be screwed. Livius couldn't know the truth. He'd never forgive me if he did. I knew I said I'd tell him, but why should I?

What he was unaware of wouldn't hurt him.

In fact, if he found out, it'd probably hurt me.

Would he kill me if he knew?

I'm surprised he didn't carry any contempt towards me already. Was it because I was only half fae?

Would he treat a regular fae differently?

I rubbed my forehead as I felt a headache forming.

The moon goddess was playing with us like a pack of dolls.

Sighing, I stared at myself in the vanity mirror before tilting my head, and slipping on a pair of golden earrings.

Sneaking away was already on my mind, but I couldn't leave just yet.

Well, not today at least.

I had to meet the Alpha that was arriving before I even attempted to leave. Livius would notice my disappearance if I ran away right now. I'd have to find a more convenient day, but for the time being, I would follow along, and that entailed my dressing up.

"What are you hiding?" Livius asked, furrowing his brows, as he walked out of the closet, dressed in a black suit.

My breath hitched, and I immediately forced myself to stay calm.

Relax Alexandria, he doesn't actually know anything.

He probably didn't even know why he was asking. Most likely sensing my inner turmoil through the bond, and curiously wondering what was on my mind.

"Why would I be hiding anything?" I murmured, slipping on the second earring, and pulling back to look at myself in the mirror.

Stopping beside me, he shrugged, "You just seem like it."

Staring up at him, my breath caught in my throat at his beauty. His chiseled jawline captured my attention, his hair was brushed back, but as always that one thick strand fell in front of his face, refusing to be held back. He was dressed in a luxurious black suit, his cerulean blue eyes contrasting with the color in the most beautiful way possible.

 He was dressed in a luxurious black suit, his cerulean blue eyes contrasting with the color in the most beautiful way possible

He reeked of wealth and power.

"Do you do this every time a new Alpha is to be appointed?" I inquired, snapping out of my daze and turning back to the mirror.