Drunken Haze

"If your blood could bring me happiness,
I'd ask for just a drop.

If your breath could fill my soul,
I'd ask for just a whisper.

If your tears could save my life,
I would say not a word,

for I would rather die than see you cry."
________________________

King Livius' pov:

She was drunk.

My queen was drunk.

On the night of her very first pack dinner.

I sighed.

She was insane.

Glancing up at the stunning female, I took in the blush on her cheeks, and the redness of her nose.

Her unfocused gaze met my own. She smiled, the tears from earlier long gone as she proceeded to tell my advisors the most random of tales, to their complete amusement.

I had to get her out of here.

The moment the dinner was over, the entire pack would most likely come to meet her. It was tradition, after all. It would be considered disrespectful to not greet the Queen when she came down. Besides, they've never spoken to her before, and I'm sure many of the children wanted to introduce themselves to their new Luna.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if I simply let her play along...

Sliding my gaze over to my mate, I watched as she balanced a spoon on her nose, a goofy look on her face, and I found myself sighing again.

This woman was going to be the death of me.

She suddenly yawned, her small hand coming up to cover her mouth, whilst her eyes cracked open to lazily meet my own. I jumped at the opportunity.

Grabbing her hand, I fully drew her attention, a part of me smiling contentedly as her warm brown eyes met my own,"You're tired, ma reine," I silently urged her, my voice barely above a whisper, "Come on."

She complied this time, slowly getting up and tiredly waving a hand to Sebastian and the rest.

I briefly nodded at them, my eyes narrowing on Sebastian and Elias before I turned back to my mate. Resting my hands on her shoulder to steady her swaying form, I quickly led her out of the hall, not allowing anyone the opportunity to notice the sudden disappearance of their King and his mate.

I let out a breath as I released her shoulders, only to be completely caught off guard when she attempted to take a step forward only to trip and nearly face plant.

I instinctively pulled her to into my chest before she hurt herself, my arms wrapping around her tiny waist, and she pouted not realizing I had just helped her out, "You really are no fun," she huffed, turning around in my arms.

Blinking down at her feet, she brought her gaze back up to meet my own,"Why is the ground moving?" she suddenly inquired, and I sighed.

From now on we'd only serve orange juice at the pack dinner.

This was far too much to handle.

She blinked up at me, those eyes that I could never say no to pleading with me, "Will you carry me?"

My eyes widened at her request, and I had to admit, I was a bit shocked.

Not because of how random it was, but because the Alexandria that I knew would never ask anything of me.